Is Daniel Cormier an A level athlete?

People overrated Olympic wrestling like crazy. Anthony Joshua won gold in the Olympics, doesn't mean shit cus he can't box for shit, just an overrated steroid bum. Tons of better wrestlers out there that would rag doll Daniel Cormier in pure wrestler, and Khabib too, he's on overrated wrestler as well in terms of pure wrestling. With that being said MMA wrestling is 100% different, DC is a good MMA wrestler but got outwrestled by Jones and Gus, so can't say he's an extreme athlete. The only A level athletes i've seen mens wise in the UFC so far are Khabib, Tony, and Jones (maybe not Jones hes a bit overrated too looked tired and hurt in the Gus fight).

Khabib isn't a good athlete..... Look at him jump around... He is stiff as a board. He is a great fighter and martial artist with a strong will.

Can anyone even agree on what "A level athlete" is?

Can anyone even define it without being a groupie of an athlete or a specific sport?

If the overall ability to run fast, jump high, agility etc is what makes an A level athlete than most top NFL athletes are way better athletes than Lebron James and rest of the NBA roster.

The truth of the matter is no such category exist. If you are a top athlete in your sport then you are an A level (top level) athlete period.

This is just a fact.

you finally learned how to read?

yes he said they can be pro fighters.

same way combat athletes can becomes pro fighters too.

I'm starting to be convinced that you are pretty dense.

You just dont get the point
You dont undertand the significant benefit of superior athleticism in fighting despite what others here have tried to explain to you and as a profighter/former champ has clearly stated.

You have the audacity to use the word dense when the basic concept of elite athletisism completely eludes you, not just because youve never participated in any sport, but you simply refuse to comprehend.

If Forrest a profighter cant get through your skull, I certainly can not.

I tried. Remain ignorant

Lol.

I love DC but he's not even close to A-level.

giphy.gif

You just dont get the point
You dont undertand the significant benefit of superior athleticism in fighting despite what others here have tried to explain to you and as a profighter/former champ has clearly stated.

You have the audacity to use the word dense when the basic concept of elite athletisism completely eludes you, not just because youve never participated in any sport, but you simply refuse to comprehend.

If Forrest a profighter cant get through your skull, I certainly can not.

I tried. Remain ignorant
Your own quote from Forrest Griffin proved to me that you can't even read or you lack reading comprehension.

All he said in the quote was that these high level athletes from NBA can become pro fighters IF they wanted to, nothing about them being champions in fighting or nothing about them being better fighters or better athletes than athletes from combat sports.

Let this sink in.

with talks of A level athletes. Doesn't certain body types give advantages with different sports. With mma and so many ways to finish an opponents doesn't it allow for any body type to be able to compete long as they train strategically to there strength while trying to limit there weaknesses. Each body type has its strength and weaknesses thanks to natural selection and evolution. Each body type served a purpose for survival.

DC is an A level athlete that is now over the hill. The skill level and overall athleticism in the heavyweight division is so atrociously low, that he can still run roughshod over them.

If DC had an equal skill set at 30 years old - training MMA throughout his 20's - he would absolutely smash the guy he is today.

Jon Jones has two brothers, and both of them are multi-year starters in the NFL. That is without any room for argument, elite genetics. He is an elite athlete. Since he's still in his physical prime, cheating aside, he beat Cormier to sleep.

When someone with elite athletic ability trips and falls into MMA, we call them the greatest of all time. In other sports, guys with that level of athleticism fill the entire ranks.

If the base pay went up in MMA, we would attract heavyweights of an appropriate age, background and athletic ability. We crown 8 new Division I All American heavyweights every single year - where are they?

Teaching high school gym for 45k/year plus benefits, because that is a more reasonable risk -vs- reward than getting 10k show money to get your head punched in.

If the base pay went up, the pool would get deeper literally overnight.
People don't realize how great of a athlete DC is. He's truly an A-level athlete and started the sport late. I've never seen someone pick up Josh Barnett and literally throw him on his head. When I saw that happen I knew Cormier was something special. Dude is a monster, far past his prime and still dominating. If not for Jones he'd truly be #1 all time hands down and with no competition.

Dc is pretty strong the only thing he lacks is explosiveness. He has great cardio which is something people with fast twitch usually lack.

Mitrione also lost to Roy Nelson who is the most obvious A level athlete

Let this sink in
if roy nelson trained and dieted hard and actually got his body fat percentage down to very low training 11 to 12 times a week. How much better would have he been. Or did he need his belly for grappling and striking and taking shots

the sport of wrestling has no barriers
long as you have a partner anyone can wrestle and grapple and every human has wrestled some time in there life with someone
wrestling is popular sport to play amongst most people in the world and so many countries take the sport seriously and are serious at developing high quality wrestlers

dc qualifying for the Olympics vs all the grapplers from around the world who have been training since a young age be it in the mud and villages in third world countries to high schools in the united states

ji jitsu is probably better then wrestling in terms of combat but reason wrestlers have such a strong foundation in mma compared to muay thai and now ji jitsu is cause there is a deep talent pool of wrestlers world wide

its a craft that many Olympic wrestlers start as young kids

also nba players benefit from high center of gravity were as wrestlers benefit from lower center of gravity so right there taking basketball players and putting them in grappling puts many basketball players at a disadvantage

as for football players they are explosive but slow twitch muscle fibers are also important in wrestling as wrestling eats up the gas tank. Football players are explosive high ratio of fast twitch muscle fiber so once again wrestlers with tons of skills can use that as leverage to tire out there opponent then go to work

Back