Is Dana under the impression that conor will come back and... (GSP hypocrisy)

Is Dana under the impression that conor will come back and defend titles going through a line of contenders like any other regular joe?

Because when its conor: "Isnt he awsome? He asked for Khabib in Russia!"

But when its GSP he acts all mad, saying he cant come back and pick fights if he is not going to follow up.

Its not like GSP is some random dude who cant draw. People say Dana does everything conor wants because he brings in the money, but so does GSP...

Conor might pretty much just get the belt and bounce the same as GSP

I dont get this behavior from Dana. Everybody would like to see this fight. He should be thrilled to go out and make it.

<{vega}>

Well, besides the fact that NOT everybody wants to see this fight (that's besides the point)...

GSP left his division to a 5 year retirement.
Conor did not retire (even though he was 2 years out).

When GSP came back, he made the whole division wait for almost a year before fighting Bisping. And then, despite having signed the contract obligating him to unify the belt, he run from Whittaker and the MW division... and now he is looking for a 3rd belt...

And while I do see the argument that it is almost the same as Conor (with the added bonus that GSP did defend his WW belt for a long time), one have to think on HOW each fighter relates to Dana.

While Conor is probably not easy to negotiate with, GSP always butted heads with Dana.
When he left WW, Dana was livid about the way he did.
Then Dana tried to avoid GSP leaving by securing the WHittaker fight under contract, and still GSP just ignored it.

This shit does not fly with Dana... and I got to side with Dana on it.

On the other hand, Conor is just business. Pay him and he will show up.
He did show up for Mendes, he did show up for Diaz I... and one gotta think... if this was GSP, he would probably not take those fights.

That's why Dana is less inclined to give GSP a third belt than he would be, for instance, to grant Conor an instant title shot at WW...

Best case scenario Conor comes back, beats Khabib, defends. = Long term money
Mid case scenario: Conor loses to Khabib, fights Diaz, drops down and fights for FW belt, maybe then fight GSP
Worst case: Conor/Khabib fights GSP, they lose and GSP vacates the belt again because of tummy issues.

He hopes Conor will because he's young and loves money, all GSP wants to do is add a new belt to his collection.

With Conor, there's the possibility that he will one day defend his belt. He knows that as soon as GSP wins the belt, he'll go back to pooping blood while in retirement.

Conor isn't defending any belts, i'm not sure what you're basing this off of. He's gotten a belt and forfeited it every single time.

I give him his props though, this is the first time he's ever fought since the Mendes fight in which he has a lot to lose. He has a lot more to gain obv, which is why he is doing it, but taking a beating from Khabib will surely be a dark day for him.

7fbd7946d2dd21dacb675f52a8255ff17094735639081b82279c3f1c341870f2.gif
Omg. WTF? HOw have I never seen this before.

I think GSP is significantly more intelligent than DW, and DW is intimidated as a result.

Ok so maybe GSP is trying to catch up to conor. Conor is 4-1 with GSP for not defending belts.

In a not defending belts contest, conor is the clear goat.

Look, saying that GSP may not defend the belt is fair considering that he vacated last time as mw did not suit him and he is near the end of his run. Who is to say that the cut might be far too much for him to do consistently also and he would drop that belt as well. Fair?

But to say that GSP drops belts and there is a chance that Conor will defend one when he by far has the worst track record is nonsense. If we go off past practice, Conor seems to get away with whatever the hell he wants and doesn't defend belts.

Conor isn't defending any belts, i'm not sure what you're basing this off of. He's gotten a belt and forfeited it every single time.

I give him his props though, this is the first time he's ever fought since the Mendes fight in which he has a lot to lose. He has a lot more to gain obv, which is why he is doing it, but taking a beating from Khabib will surely be a dark day for him.

I'm looking at it from Dana's point of view - it's more likely that Conor defends the LW belt. Georges alreqdy backed out on them once with the whole MW belt thing, so Dana isn't stoked about the idea of GSP getting his hands on another belt.

I personally don't believe that Conor will defend his belt, but I sure as hell don't think GSP will even consider doing it.

I'm looking at it from Dana's point of view - it's more likely that Conor defends the LW belt. Georges alreqdy backed out on them once with the whole MW belt thing, so Dana isn't stoked about the idea of GSP getting his hands on another belt.

I personally don't believe that Conor will defend his belt, but I sure as hell don't think GSP will even consider doing it.

Georges didn’t stay at 185 because he couldn’t physically handle it. Maybe he didn’t want any parts of Yoel or Robert, cool, but, to suggest GSP backing out for any other reason than what he said he did for, is just plain stupid.

Both GSP and Conor defied Dana, but Conor used foul language and repeatedly acted like he's Dana's boss. Conor probably has compro-mat and GSP doesn't.

Georges didn’t stay at 185 because he couldn’t physically handle it. Maybe he didn’t want any parts of Yoel or Robert, cool, but, to suggest GSP backing out for any other reason than what he said he did for, is just plain stupid.
Perhaps, but I believe Georges is more interested in bettering his legacy by adding as many belts as he can.

Ok, fair enough.

Perhaps, but I believe Georges is more interested in bettering his legacy by adding as many belts as he can.

yes, and? isn't that why Conor did it? to get fame and fortune?

A lot of people on here like to spout numbers like they have a stake in the game.
Dana is full of shit and if you don’t know that by now, this world will not be kind to you.
GSP’s next fight will be the winner of these two guys, if he fights again.

yes, and? isn't that why Conor did it? to get fame and fortune?
Yes, but like I said, from Dana's perspective, Conor is the likelier party to defend the title if he were to win it. Does that means that there's a good chance he will? No, but he'd be willing to take the risk with Conor.

That's without taking into account that Conor is a bigger draw in this day and age, and at least has had 1 fight in the LW division.

Dana won't do Georges any favors, or at least that's what you can make out from his words, which may or may not change depending on the $ he stands to make.

People think GSP is a literal wizard. He can magically make ulcers and inflammation appear in his colon whenever he wants to be diagnosed and then they disappear. :rolleyes:

But GSP sells twice as much as the next biggest draw. It's not like the UFC have a bunch of other guys making them anything close to what GSP does.
That’s true too. But it’s clear where Dana’s priorities lie.

it is not complicated. Dana dislikes GSP. it has been obvious for a long time.

GSP appears as the ultimate company man (and in many ways he is) but he also, very quietly, does whatever he wants

somebody will make Dana do whatever will earn the most money. Conor is on another level in terms of popularity. after that, GSP is the next best draw.

sporting reasons will have no impact on any of this.

the UFC COULD protect Conor if they feel that losing to GSP will cost them in the long run or if either of the fighters refuse. Conor may not fight that often but he fights top guys and if the UFC really wanted to protect him at all costs they would not put him in a cage with Khabib

I would prefer for GSP to fight for the belt at 170

the next best alternative for me would be the winner of Conor/Khabib

actually - I also think fighting Wonderboy would be fun

Dana is probably still pissed (and rightfully so) after GSP returned, beat the MW champ only to vacate the title. It wasn’t due to any physical illness, GSP never planned on defending the title. What has McGregor done? He moved up from FW to even bigger fights and made the UFC a lot of money when fighting Mayweather. GSP deserves legacy and money fights but it is not that hard to see that the UFC doesn’t want him to win titles left and right that he’s going to vacate.
He didnt defend either gtfo here lmao come on take off your rose coloured glasses off. They literally gave conor a LW title fight knowing he was off cauae " he didnt wanna fight when dee was pregnant" ... but travelling the world coked out like a circus member promoting an exhibition fight was fine instead of defending

Back