Is Dana Officially setting the Standards of how to get Stripped?

In nicco's case she was twice pushed to fight shevchenko and twice avoided it. It's a new division with a 4-2 tuf champ running up excuses. Honestly she should've been stripped the 1st time. She was holding imo the equivalent to an interim title and was stalling with it. Good bye.

Just like everybody else?

Nicco held up two different divisions for months, did she?
Forget about time frames, Nicco got stripped because the UFC got pissed, Conor got stripped because the UFC got pissed

He doesn't get special treatment, was my point

Forget about time frames, Nicco got stripped because the UFC got pissed, Conor got stripped because the UFC got pissed

He doesn't get special treatment, was my point

Your point was that Conor doesn’t get special treatment?

I want to make sure I’m clear on what you are saying.

Your point was that Conor doesn’t get special treatment?

I want to make sure I’m clear on what you are saying.
Not when they're pissed. Your favorite child still get the whipping when they piss you off

Dana just makes up shit as he goes along

You guys act like there's some kind of government mandated policy that lays down the laws of champion and belt handling. Barring contract details they could fire a champion and instate Dana himself as the 195 catchweight champ and Matt Serra as the 300+ pastaweight champion and there wouldn't be fuck all anyone could do about it.

Stop with this "I don't get why the UFC is doing this, it isn't fair" shite. You know damn well why they do the things they do. It's like asking why someone like Conor or Ronda gets/got special treatment when you know fucking A well that they can pull a million PPVs and your Colby Racingtons of the world don't.

Umm I think thats actually exactly what an athletic commission does so no, they could not do that.

I'll admit I may be wrong about this though.

I don't usually mind Interim Champions being stripped because they aren't "real" champions anyway, but stripping actual, lineal champions like Nicco is pretty short sighted.

It might be something to question if it was only for missing weight, but she already delayed this fight multiple times with "injuries" before pulling out here. According to the reports as well, she was nowhere near making weight either.

I don't expect the UFC to have some sort of standard or at least they won't apply the same rules to all fighters. Nicco Montano was a nobody and setting up this fight which could've easily been a one sided mauling was a pain the ass. Don't expect much patience for these fighters.

You will be stripped if a more popular fighter is in ur division

Colby couldn't make it to 228, then he was stripped.
Nicco couldn't make it to 228, then she was stripped.

I have a feeling that pullout merchants like Khabib will get stripped if he doesn't show up to fight an Irishman at UFC 229.
What do you think?

Colby was a interm belt so it different.

I say about nicco is ufc didn't care about her to start with and they want a belt on bullet so bad.

I like to use Leban as an example. Was on a tear, then got stripped by Anderson.

The purpose of a business is to make money.
The ufc is a business.
Repeatedly causing a business to lose money is a great way to get released from said business.

Not when they're pissed. Your favorite child still get the whipping when they piss you off

Now he is again fighting for the title, getting his biggest MMA paycheck and exclusive payment of the PPV points, just like everyone else.

Its extremely harsh on Nicco even though I get it as she has never defended....but FFS medical team pulled her from the fight and sent her to the hospital....mother fucking Dana could have held off on the your stripped bitch BS for a bit.

As for the Colby situation...that was complete BS, he didn't say no to the Woodley fight...he said no to an 8 week camp for it.

Back