Is Cowboy luring McGregor and playing us all?

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
With the multiple interviews now stating that he wants to stand and trade with Conor, not wrestle or clinch at all..

Now in the embedded, he's limping out of nowhere with this huge smile on his face.

Is Cowboy luring Conor into coming in extremely aggressive just so he can change levels and keep him down to drain his gas tank all of round 1?

I would honestly enjoy if he pulled that off and got the RNC. Doubt it happens but fun to think about I suppose.

Discuss

My heart wants to believe.
But my wallet and head say otherwise.
<41>

Bro cowboy honestly probably believes he has a great shot at this fight. But let’s not act like this is Enders game and he’s playing 50 moves ahead. He could make money, would get lots of fans, and thinks he can win. Simple as that

Cowboy should retire if he doesn't take it to the ground. Dumb AF.

There are no levels to Cowboy's intellect. It's all pretty much right there on the surface

Lol Dana wants Conor to KO Cowboy stiff

I think you know the answer to that

He's got a huge under the table bonus from dana to stand and bang after he complained about the pay.

Ceronne can take his "Awe shucks, I'm just happy to be here" schtick and f-off.

With the multiple interviews now stating that he wants to stand and trade with Conor, not wrestle or clinch at all..

Now in the embedded, he's limping out of nowhere with this huge smile on his face.

Is Cowboy luring Conor into coming in extremely aggressive just so he can change levels and keep him down to drain his gas tank all of round 1?

I would honestly enjoy if he pulled that off and got the RNC. Doubt it happens but fun to think about I suppose.

Discuss
Why would he "keep him down" and not attack a sub? Oh nevermind I get you.

I can see Cowboy shooting if it goes to rd 2.

If he does this...it'll make my night.

hIAJlvD.gif

No, Cowboy is about as deep as the shallow end of the kiddie pool. He is just happy to be getting big money. Either way, he is getting paid.

Cowboy's gonna do exactly what he's been telling everyone for weeks. Stand up with Conor, get TKOd, get paid. Anyone who expects anything else is hilariously mistaken

Cowboy should retire if he doesn't take it to the ground. Dumb AF.

It's not like he can just say "Hey, we're going to the ground now." Great wrestlers can get Conor down with some effort. Cowboy isn't a great wrestler, but he's great once it's on the ground. He has to use striking exchanges and scrambles to get things to the ground. If it gets there, he's in good shape.

Cowboy has decent wrestling but Conor has good TDD due to training for Khabib.
Look at how well he defended vs the first Khabib takedowns in R1.
Even before that look at how he defended vs Alvarez.
Cowboy could mix it because he poses a standup threat too but acting like "if Cowboy wants to take him down he'll take him down" is crazy.

I don't know if Cowboy is better on the ground then Conor.

I kind of wouldn't be surprised if Conor takes it to the ground to finish with gnp or a sub to send some sort of message about his improved grappling to hype Khabib.

Then again, with all his Mayweather talk he will probably just stand and bang to try and get that bigger paycheck.

Back