Is Cory Sandhagen close to a title shot?

He was supposed to fight Frankie, they ripped Frankie away to fight Zombie instead....havent really heard from Sandhagen since lol. So no probably not. Yan and Sterling are in the way

Probably behind Petr Yan. My guess is he gets Moraes or Sterling next.

If he gets a big win against one of the top guys (Aljo, Yan, Marlon) then he'll definitely be close. 135 is a bit clogged up at the top right now though, and it certainly doesn't help that Aldo's getting an undeserved title shot.

I hold a win over Assouncao over beating up an old Faber.
Yan is being a bit over hyped for his wins, he hasn't really beat anybody besides Dodson and Rivera (Sterling styled on him too)
Sandhagen is tricky and a serious threat to the title. After Aldo gets the title shot it should be Sterling vs Sandhagen for next shot at the belt.

he should be close, his wins vs lineker and assuncao are massive underrated.

I hold a win over Assouncao over beating up an old Faber.
Yan is being a bit over hyped for his wins, he hasn't really beat anybody besides Dodson and Rivera (Sterling styled on him too)
Sandhagen is tricky and a serious threat to the title. After Aldo gets the title shot it should be Sterling vs Sandhagen for next shot at the belt.

yes, yan´s wins are a little overhyped in terms of names but he looked really well, I mean he putted a beating on dodson as no one ever, he destroyed douglas silva ( underrated fighter), clear decission vs rivera and finished a known name such as faber.

Depends how many followers he has on social media. Sad, but true these days.

Him and Yan should have a title eliminator. Sandy's beaten Lineker and Assuncao. Yan's beaten Dodson and Rivera. Both need another win before a title shot imo. Sterling, who should be going next, has the green light for one imo, as he's got Stamann, Rivera, and Munhoz on his resume. Wouldn't be opposed to Corey fighting Moraes either, but Marlon should take a back seat to the other three, given the fact that the other three are legit contenders and we just saw him completely crumble when Cejudo made an adjustment after the first round of their fight. It was a winnable fight for Moraes too imo, and he should have to do more than get a razor thin decision victory over Aldo to get another crack. Not that Aldo deserves a shot either, but Cejudo wants to cherry pick his fights, and Uncle Dana needed a Brazil main event, so the midget gets what the midget wants.

Yes, in my opinion, he is damn close. His recent victories were against very relevant opposition. I wouldn't mind seeing him fight Moraes or Yan with the winner facing the winner of Sterling and Cejudo (if they fight for the belt next).

Him and Yan should have a title eliminator. Sandy's beaten Lineker and Assuncao. Yan's beaten Dodson and Rivera. Both need another win before a title shot imo. Sterling, who should be going next, has the green light for one imo, as he's got Stamann, Rivera, and Munhoz on his resume. Wouldn't be opposed to Corey fighting Moraes either, but Marlon should take a back seat to the other three, given the fact that the other three are legit contenders and we just saw him completely crumble when Cejudo made an adjustment after the first round of their fight. It was a winnable fight for Moraes too imo, and he should have to do more than get a razor thin decision victory over Aldo to get another crack. Not that Aldo deserves a shot either, but Cejudo wants to cherry pick his fights, and Uncle Dana needed a Brazil main event, so the midget gets what the midget wants.
Damn you beat me to the punch and had a much better explanation than me haha

The guy has strung a good list of victories.

With the way Cejudo is holding up 135, it'll be late 2021 before Sandhagen is in the mix for a title shot. He needs a win over Cruz or Edgar to build his name, and then some sort of high profile finish over someone like Garbrandt, Yan, or Sterling.
Dude is good, real good, and has the frame and skill set to give the whole division problems. He just needs the UFC to build him the right way in terms of promotion.

The division is on strike because Hose Aldo is being gifted a title shot after Rogan brainwashed fans w/ his announcing of Moraes/Aldo, as if it were some robbery.

He sure talks like it
Pretty entitled guy every time I hear him
Combined with the fact he’s doing the whole
I’m a 6ft guy cutting 200lbs

fuck him

He fights Aljamain Sterling in a week.

In my opinion both Sterling and Sandhagen have faced and beaten better fighters than Yan.
Sometimes it helps where you are born.

Sandhagen's bout with Sterling is going to be pretty tough.
Out of the top 15 BW's, Sterling is the fighter that has beaten the most top guys without getting a title bout.
I think Sterling wins this bout.
I don't care who wins this bout.

Back