is cormiers injured knee why jones suddenly calls him out?

• Thread starter Deleted member 429453
  • Start date
BWHAHAHAHA I'm definitely stealing that phrase and introducing it to europe, Ive never heard of rustling jimmies before. To be fair it sounds like something someone might to do their Girlfreind though.

Serious or child?

Jones will fight these 2 guys, there's no questions about it. But I'm sure he's enjoying Sherdog crying about it, that might be part of this. It's funny everyone saying "it's impossible to like Jones" as if they ever did or ever wanted to. Assholes hate him for years and pretend like it's a new revelation because of the recent turn of events. No one is begging you to like him, your minds are already set, it's not gonna stop him from beating your favorite fighter.

dunno if this has been raised but I've seen a few media people pick up on it, but cormier said he has a knee issue which may require surgery and was gonna get that sorted while gus and jones sort out business. Then jones suddenly asks for cormier whereas before he's always dismissed cormier as "not deserving" of a shot. So do you think jones is hoping to knock off a contender while its theoretically a bit easier to do so due to knee issue?
is it gamesmanship? cos if he beats cormier he can go on denying him ever having another shot

Well DC is probably a great athlete and a very good fighter, against a coffee shop barista or a 45 year old off his TRT I guess he could even look spectacular!
The thing is though that he is older, fatter and shorter (much shorter) than Gus.. Those qualities I would say have had to play in a LOT in Jones preference in who to meet next.
What Jones loves is implementing his tall fighting style and for that the he needs a shorter more static guy (sure DC is explosive and can cover distance but he has nothing on Gus's footwork or handspeed).
So while DC has impressed a lot of fightfans it seems as if Jones can see his weaknesses and compared to getting punched in the face all night by Gus he prefers what DC offers. Then that he is injured is just icing on the cake, a few months extra vacation plus he can target that weak knee in the fight haha

uh that's the point dude, he's calling him out right now because he knows he can't fight. this is so simple to understand

why the fuck would he call him out if he can't fight? he would have to fight gustafsson if cormier wasn't ready. do you people think before you post?

Serious or child?

Jones will fight these 2 guys, there's no questions about it. But I'm sure he's enjoying Sherdog crying about it, that might be part of this. It's funny everyone saying "it's impossible to like Jones" as if they ever did or ever wanted to. Assholes hate him for years and pretend like it's a new revelation because of the recent turn of events. No one is begging you to like him, your minds are already set, it's not gonna stop him from beating your favorite fighter.

genuinely I've never heard that phrase in uk....but don't worry i shall be introducing it soon

If DC has a lurking knee injury it plays perfectly into Jones game with his side kicks to the knee. A much easier fight then a healthy mobile Gus with a close matching reach...

why the fuck would he call him out if he can't fight? he would have to fight gustafsson if cormier wasn't ready. do you people think before you post?

I think the idea is cormier WOULD accept it...and therefore be fighting sub par and easier to beat. jones loves those oblique kicks too

Lol you think fighters do fight with injuries you CLOWNNNNNN. almost every fight a figher complains about an injury going into the fight.. his knee from the sounds of it isn't 100%..

they're talking about him possibly having surgery....you think he's getting cleared to fight if he has knee surgery? good lord this forum is going down hill quickly

There can only be one answer to TS's question.

Jones is scared, homie.

they're talking about him possibly having surgery....you think he's getting cleared to fight if he has knee surgery? good lord this forum is going down hill quickly

some fighters have fought without an ACL at all so its not the surgeons choice its the fighters

BWHAHAHAHA I'm definitely stealing that phrase and introducing it to europe, Ive never heard of rustling jimmies before. To be fair it sounds like something someone might to do their Girlfreind though.

'Introducing it to Europe'.

3816676-0704928121-36645.gif

don't worry I'm gonna rustle my girlfriends jimmies tonight whether she likes it or not haha

Rape is bad m'kay.

Anyway, I digress. Rustle those jimmies in peace my UK brethren.

big uncle D has spoken.....guess its gusty nexthttp://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/4/5779646/dana-whites-answer-to-jon-jones-gustafssons-next-in-line

thread ends!

no hes calling him out because dc has no decent wins against anyone worthy besides an old,small/frail old man and he finds it much easier to beat an inexperienced rookie vs a guy who beat the fuck out of him in their first fight but got a "rampage" gift

Back