is cormiers injured knee why jones suddenly calls him out?

• Thread starter Deleted member 429453
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 429453

dunno if this has been raised but I've seen a few media people pick up on it, but cormier said he has a knee issue which may require surgery and was gonna get that sorted while gus and jones sort out business. Then jones suddenly asks for cormier whereas before he's always dismissed cormier as "not deserving" of a shot. So do you think jones is hoping to knock off a contender while its theoretically a bit easier to do so due to knee issue?
is it gamesmanship? cos if he beats cormier he can go on denying him ever having another shot

Last edited by a moderator:
BpRC6QICMAADNOi.jpg

BpRC6UiCIAEnW4u.jpg

Changing the game for everyone - Jonny Bones Jones!

yea he called cormier out because cormier's injured, that makes TOTAL sense. cormier isn't fighting anyone if he's injured you clown.

impossible to like jones. it cant be done

dunno if this has been raised but I've seen a few media people pick up on it, but cormier said he has a knee issue which may require surgery and was gonna get that sorted while gus and jones sort out business. Then jones suddenly asks for cormier whereas before he's always dismissed cormier as "not deserving" of a shot. So do you think jones is hoping to knock off a contender while its theoretically a bit easier to do so due to knee issue?
is it gamesmanship? cos if he beats cormier he can go on denying him ever having another shot

Pretty sure that you are correct and part of it also is that he hopes that Gus in the meantime will lose so he doesn

Good point TS and another good point above me.

That's the exact same thing A. Silva did with Weidman, avoiding him and claiming he was not deserving, until the man got injured and had two surgeries.

Kinda lame because Jon does have what it takes to beat DC, unlike Silva with Chris.

yea he called cormier out because cormier's injured, that makes TOTAL sense. cormier isn't fighting anyone if he's injured you clown.

Lol you think fighters do fight with injuries you CLOWNNNNNN. almost every fight a figher complains about an injury going into the fight.. his knee from the sounds of it isn't 100%..

an olympic wrestler with an injured knee requiring surgery sounds a hell of a lot easier to beat than an olympic wrestler with a fully working knee!

uh that's the point dude, he's calling him out right now because he knows he can't fight. this is so simple to understand

the thing is if cormier accepts and the ufc allows it, then he fights not 100% but if ufc offer it to cormier and he's not feeling ready its kinda like he turned down the chance.....so...whats he gonna do if ufc offer it? I think he would accept the fight but i think it would be a risky move

Jones is rustling jimmies while he gets his contract renegotiated.

The fight with Gus will happen but Jones will make sure he is taken care of.

I think the UFC should stand strong and leave Gus as the next for the belt but after this they might want to start considering negotiating fight options with it's fighters. The game is changing for sure. Jones may have started this in the UFC or at least on this level but I doubt he will be the only big name that will do after this.

Also, look at the disgruntled fighters the UFC seems to be producing lately. I mean GSP? Weather it's a douche or a fan favorite it is happening more and more. Something is going on. The fighters are starting to stand up for themselves. The UFC always took the strong armed approach and told the fighters that they needed to be thankful to the UFC and it was true. I don't know if it's true anymore. If Bones went over to Bellator I think a few more would follow him including the media. He would be a mytr. Now the way I see it is Jones ain't afraid of no damn body, he prob want to get paid. I mean paid! for Gus so pay the man and see if he still won't fight

Jones is rustling jimmies while he gets his contract renegotiated.

BWHAHAHAHA I'm definitely stealing that phrase and introducing it to europe, Ive never heard of rustling jimmies before. To be fair it sounds like something someone might to do their Girlfreind though.

BWHAHAHAHA I'm definitely stealing that phrase and introducing it to europe, Ive never heard of rustling jimmies before. To be fair it sounds like something someone might to do their Girlfreind though.

Dude. where have you been? I'm in Europe and that phrase has been around for a while.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/that-really-rustled-my-jimmies

But, yeah. Jonesy definitely wants more money seeing as Gus might just make the Jones children grow up without their father around.

Back