Is Cormier nearing the end of his career?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What u guys think? All these injuries, the knee problems... Do u think he still has a lot to offer?

Close to retirement.

He deserves the JJ rematch next year before bowing out.

I think it's getting closer but I'm 100% sure this guy won't retire until he rematches Jon.

And honestly, with all the ring rust that Jones will bring, Cormier might get the W.

He was nearing the end of his career when he started. That late jump into MMA after all those years of training. That's why he fast tracked everything during his career.

Technically everyone is nearing the end of their career. But with Cormier age, it will happen sooner rather than later.

I get the sense hes recently passed his prime and is nearing the end. All the injuries piling up and looked bad against Anderson. The end is nigh.

only 20 year olds can ask such questions. Dude, he is 37, he is by default in decline. You will see it for yourself once you hit 30, 32, 34.

He looked awful against a 50 year old Anderson, Jones would've shown Anderson no mercy.

Of course. He's a 38 year old fat guy. Great fighter, but the human body can only carry that much extra weight until it breaks down, especially considering the wear and tear of wrestling his entire life.

He has at least 6 fights left unless his gym curses him.

Fingers crossed. The hex is lifted off of him hopefully.

only 20 year olds can ask such questions. Dude, he is 37, he is by default in decline. You will see it for yourself once you hit 30, 32, 34.

I started to really notice it around my mid 30's, joints and ligaments would hurt after workouts and take longer to recover after a hard workout.

Back