is Conor too big for 145?

2m3ifcm.jpg

Conor could easily fight in WW imo.

If he's able to make weight AND perform well then he's not 'too big' for the weight class, obviously. Same with Jones.

Rumble @ Welterweight is an example of someone too big for a weight class.

Yeah exactly. Another good example was Thiago Alves. He was too big for Welterweight, so he actually slimmed down.

Well that's the thing: none of those fighters should get the "too big" talk. The whole subject in itself is fucking stupid and shouldn't really be discussed in a serious manner by anyone who values rational thinking over emotion-based responding.

I said that in my post......

I said that in my post......

I read your post dude. I wasn't disagreeing with you, simply added my own opinion of the whole subject into the mix. Probably shouldn't have quoted you out of the bush like that to do so.

No, because clearly he makes the weight every time, and not only the weight, he makes 145 on the dot every time.

These are just INB4 Conor KO's Aldo and shertards declare him the Jon Jones of 145, aka he's too big and therefore cheating, even though he makes the weight class no problem.

I read your post dude. I wasn't disagreeing with you, simply added my own opinion of the whole subject into the mix. Probably shouldn't have quoted you out of the bush like that to do so.

I gotcha. Its all good. And yeah, the too big argument is so stupid, and it could go on and on.

If they make weight, that's the end of the story with me.

He would be too big if he didn't make weight. Hendricks makes weight and almost dies in the process and he isn't too big, he just shouldn't balloon up to 400 pounds between fights. McGregor doesn't have it even nearly that bad.

As big as all the good weight-cutters, including Aldo.

Finally Aldo won't be the bigger man in the octagon.

2m3ifcm.jpg

Conor could easily fight in WW imo.

He'd get destroyed at WW. It's smarter to fight in a division with nobodies than you can dominate (Aldo being the exception), that a division full of savages.

Back