Is Conor the most underrated fighter ever?

The disrespect this man gets is insane, yeah he has some losses but he has a very good resume, even at 155lbs for taking out the champ with extreme ease. If humbler men accomplished these tasks they would be universally loved.
there's guys on this site who have his face on Jesus' body, and some reference him in homoerotic ways, and some call him the undisputed p4p GOAT, even now still.

You expect Conor to be loved too much.

The most underrated, and most overrated fighter ever

Anything Conor does well is exaggerated, everything Conor does poorly is exaggerated

I would say that some people doesn't like him because he behaves like a middle school bully trying to get attention, you can't go through life offending people and hoping to be loved, he choose that character or he is in that way, I don't know, anyway that worked very well for him, he is multimillionaire and settled for life, I'm pretty sure he cares a lot less about the opinions of sherdoggers than his fans.
I mean if was something like "he is a nice fighter but a cunt too" is ok is a legit opinion, but nobody would give a fuck included conor about that right?... But if you say he is a shitty fighter...well, this is different, this would obviously affect conor too and also heavily, don't matter that is a lie

He's an amazing fighter with incredible wins, but who lost his way at some point, but can still bring it back (maybe).

Massively overrated by casuals. And underrated by MMA fans who i guess are reacting against the casuals.

Lauzon and Bisping takes it are the most underrated fighters ever.

Conor is in the grey area, he's definitely underrated when it comes to his skills that he has shown but overrated by his nuthuggers.

People seem to forget that Conor actually did sign to fight RDA for the title. It's not his fault RDA lost to a journeyman.

025_Rafael_Dos_Anjos_and_Conor_McGregor.0.0.jpg

Most underrated fighter ever? Lol I don’t think you guys know what underrated means.

How else do you expect him to be rated? He has a handful of really great wins and had one of the best FW runs ever. He’s also 3-3 in the UFC above FW including going 1-1 with Nate Diaz and barely surviving the rematch and beating an older Cowboy coming off two TKO losses accounting for two of those wins. He’s overrated and underrated depending on who you ask. At the end if the day, he’s one of the best MMA strikers ever. Those skills also don’t fully over shadow all the holes and flaws in his game either though that have gotten him in trouble against top competition on several occasions either. He is the GOAT at self marketing and promotion though in MMA.

Last edited:
I mean if was something like "he is a nice fighter but a cunt too" is ok is a legit opinion, but nobody would give a fuck included conor about that right?... But if you say he is a shitty fighter...well, this is different, this would obviously affect conor too and also heavily, don't matter that is a lie
You should know that Sherdog doesn't know gray, just white or black, Conor is the best ever or a bum, Khabib is the GOAT or an overrated fighter that retired running from (insert X name), Conor is not a shitty fighter but is not the invincible mystic monster that UFC and himself sold to everybody, in his case he deserve a lot of the dislike in Sherdog, at the end, he worked very hard to be disliked for some and loved for others.

The disrespect this man gets is insane, yeah he has some losses but he has a very good resume, even at 155lbs for taking out the champ with extreme ease. If humbler men accomplished these tasks they would be universally loved.
He's overrated if anything..

Absolutely.

In terms of gay mma athletes, he really is the top of the heap.

Where is he allegedly "rated" to be under or overrated?

His FW run was strong, but not the best ever. A handful of quality wins and one legendary win against Aldo.

In terms of wins above FW he's beaten Eddie Alvarez in a magnificent performance, beat gatekeeper Diaz in a close fight, and picked at the carcass of a dying, washed Cerrone. While losing to gatekeeper Diaz, getting KOed by a top 3 LW, and killed dead by the GOAT LW.

"Winning the belt" in a non-tournament sport that can be greased by other things (primarily economic production) holds less value than collecting top wins over top fighters. He had that at FW. He simply doesn't have it at LW and above. You can argue about how much of that is due to inactivity versus his true current level skill and ability, but it doesn't count if you don't do it.

Beating Dustin is a golden opportunity to start the final phase of his career with a bang like how his career started...getting big wins over high quality fighters, probably in a spectacular way. It's all right there for him with no Khabib, if he is willing and able to do it.

You should know that Sherdog doesn't know gray, just white or black, Conor is the best ever or a bum, Khabib is the GOAT or an overrated fighter that retired running from (insert X name), Conor is not a shitty fighter but is not the invincible mystic monster that UFC and himself sold to everybody, in his case he deserve a lot of the dislike in Sherdog, at the end, he worked very hard to be disliked for some and loved for others.
Again, no doubt many have their (fair) reason to dislike conor but he still among the 3 best lightweights now...i personally don't like kebab at all (trust me) but i can't say he is a bum as a fighter because is clearly not true...the point is, when people talk about conor is not in fairness anymore and this is undeniable

Back