Is Conor still capable of this kind of footwork

Sure, if you put him against a 135 pounder (fighting above normal weight) who has a losing record in the UFC...Like Marcus Brimmage.

It's a young man's style, that will exhaust him very quickly now. It's a burning sensation that will just drain your legs. Shertards who never even sparred before don't know how much effort is needed just to move like that, let alone deal with all the other aspects of MMA in a fight.

Yeah and with wear n tear that gets harder too, like I bet Conors knees are shot.

People can’t say this wasn’t a flawless performance though, that was pure art, he was styling on people at featherweight.

Conor got tagged multiple times during this fight. He only looked so good because Brimage clearly did fuck all research on him and tried to charge down one of the most devastating finishers the FW division has ever seen.
If he was in with anyone decent that had studied him Conor could have been hurt by one of those shots that connected.

I'm not talking about fights being exciting or not, I'm talking about how he started a crap ass era where. Case in point, you are being pissy and have a problem that I brought it up. Name all the times he's fought since 2016, 4 or 5 times while keeping the most stacked division stagnant? Yeah, keep defending him :rolleyes:

He didn't start shit. Blame Dana for not stripping him earlier.

The size difference is ridiculous. I'm convinced McGregor's early career success was because he was so big for the division.

Take a look at Conor's debut. The footwork, the combinations, the speed. He had it all. I wonder if he's still capable of this kind of performance, especially the movement aspect of it.

Nowadays he's a flatfooted boxer, plodding forward looking only to land punches to the head. To use Conor's phrase, he's now "stuck in the mud".

Let's start moving those feet again Conor, and some combinations would be nice too.

At 7:35 can't let emotions get in the way.

Meanwhile, threatening Poirier's children, calling his wife a ho, threatening murder, LOL.

And to op. No. He's not. He's literally not even capable of walking now

Blame Dana for not stripping him earlier.
Dana is only a small part of the problem, not that you'd know, being a Conor fan and all. Conor brought a shitty era to MMA, go ahead and pretend he didn't though, I'm not losing sleep over it.

Yeah all those exciting fights and KOs really ruined MMA

And no. He's become flat flooted and stiff. All those lower leg injuries have taken their toll.
The build up to his showdown with Aldo and the fight itself made it an amazing time to be a fight fan. FW while highly skilled, was never looked at with excitement like it is now before Conor came along.

He can still move when he comes back, but he's got brittle legs. Even a low kick-heavy plan results in crutches for him. Now with the leg break he'll hesitate to kick, so he'll become more of a boxer, from which he looked to be moving past to MT and traditional kicks in this last DP one.

Jake Paul it is. Jackass boxing.

Dana is only a small part of the problem, not that you'd know, being a Conor fan and all. Conor brought a shitty era to MMA, go ahead and pretend he didn't though, I'm not losing sleep over it.

I enjoyed his fights. And so did you. And that's all that matters. This is entertainment at the end of the day.

Yeah all those exciting fights and KOs really ruined MMA

And no. He's become flat flooted and stiff. All those lower leg injuries have taken their toll.
Its his gas tank. He didn't carry his power up to 155 with him. He can't bounce in and out anymore because he will gas to quickly and he doesn't hurt his opponents at 155 like he did at 145

Also his lateral movement has always been terrible and a huge weakness. He should get a real boxing coach to help him with that

Conor haters are stupid because they deny his great skills. Whether or not his body can hold up still is another matter.
No one denies his skill. Standing he has as much potential as anyone in the sport. His problem is his ego holds him back from evolving for the better. He still can't fight in the pocket, he still leads with his face when throwing the left (something Dustin took advantage of) and his lateral movement is and always has been awful. With the right attitude and team he could fix those things IMO. But I don't see his ego ever letting a real coach to help him out and tell him his weaknesses

I think everyone would love to see Ido back. Touchbutt Conor is unstoppable <GinJuice>

Edit to add: After much thought, Joshua Fabia should be brought in to Conor's camp as well. The mma world isn't ready for the trifecta of destruction. The perfect storm some might call it
It doesn't even have to be Ido but he needs to go back to work his movement and footwork. He tried to do it for the trilogy match but he was still stiff and slow. He needs to get the fluid movement back in his footwork, movement, and striking.

Fabia needs to stay away from mma forever lol. He can go back to scamming with his McDojo style martial arts.

looks exactly the same to me

It doesn't even have to be Ido but he needs to go back to work his movement and footwork. He tried to do it for the trilogy match but he was still stiff and slow. He needs to get the fluid movement back in his footwork, movement, and striking.

Fabia needs to stay away from mma forever lol. He can go back to scamming with his McDojo style martial arts.
He needs lateral movement. He doesn't have the cardio to bounce in and out like he did at FW. Dustin took advantage of the lack of lateral movement from Conor and other fighters will start doing that too.

I enjoyed his fights. And so did you. And that's all that matters. This is entertainment at the end of the day.
Again, it was the start of a very shitty period in MMA. So at the end of the day it's entertainment, threatening children, rape allegations, and acting like an all around piece of shit be damned? Again, he started a horrible era in MMA.

Again, it was the start of a very shitty period in MMA. So at the end of the day it's entertainment, threatening children, rape allegations, and acting like an all around piece of shit be damned? Again, he started a horrible era in MMA.

And you can't look away.

Back