Is Conor Only Favored Over Diaz Because Of The Short Notice?

machidafan99

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Seems the odds makers have made McGregor a big favorite.

Nate seems the better boxer, better clinch and vastly better ground game.
Conor has the advatage with kicks and obviously a full camp.

i think the camp has a lot to do with it, but hes fighting conor mcgregor - the guy is viewed as invincible by a large portion of the fanbase - that affects things too

Seems the odds makers have made McGregor a big favorite.

it's because he's the better fighter

If Diaz is in shape I would favor him.

Connor's two biggest weapons (reach and the straight left down the middle) are pretty much gone since he is fighting a tall southpaw. Short orthodox fighters like Aldo and Mendes are tailor made for a fighter like McGregor. If McGregor was more like a Hendricks or Alves and threw short hooks I could see him utilizing that but he's very much an outside fighter that relies on reach. Either way it's an interesting matchup and in no way an easy fight.

he would have been a massive favorite even with full camp Diaz, Nate or Nick

Why do people always play down McGregors boxing?

Also for all that to play out in a cage you need to catch the guy McGregor is a great mover as well.

Conor is a much better striker than Diaz. An inch reach disadvantage won't change that.

Again, this is why this fight is pointless. No matter what Conor does he will get no credit for it.

Huge difference between a 173lb fighter and a 186lb fighter. Too many people are discounting that. But Vegas is setting the odds to get 50% on one side and 50% on the other, and lots of people want to bet on Conor McGregor.

In laymen terms Diaz loves to get hit and Conor loves to hit people. A little more Golberg like, Conor is precise with his precision and Diaz has a few openings because he relies on his chin. Now on the ground Diaz has a huge advantage (not just against Conor but against most people). The problem is Diaz's wrestlng isn't at the level where he takes people down at will. Although, some of his throws are underrated. If I were to bet, I would say Conor beats him.

Cardio plays a huge part in Diaz's fighting style. If you're in shape you can recover from punishment a lot better. Also you can start to pressure Conor more and set up different takedowns. So, yes, being out of shape is bad for him. His style even in shape has some weaknesses Conor can take advantage of.

...and the heat was hot
In laymen terms Diaz loves to get hit and Conor loves to hit people. A little more Golberg like, Conor is precise with his precision and Diaz has a few openings because he relies on his chin. Now on the ground Diaz has a huge advantage (not just against Conor but against most people). The problem is Diaz's wrestlng isn't at the level where he takes people down at will. Although, some of his throws are underrated. If I were to bet, I would say Conor beats him.

Cardio plays a huge part in Diaz's fighting style. If you're in shape you can recover from punishment a lot better. Also you can start to pressure Conor more and set up different takedowns. So, yes, being out of shape is bad for him. His style even in shape has some weaknesses Conor can take advantage of.

Conor is a much better striker than Diaz. An inch reach disadvantage won't change that.

Again, this is why this fight is pointless. No matter what Conor does he will get no credit for it.
Conor might be an overall better striker but Diaz is much better boxer and I give him the nod as being a better mix martial artist. But Conor's left hand is vicious and KO power can overcome a lot of shortcomings.

Some of these posts are so laughable.Nate Diaz beats m.j and all of a sudden hes some world beater.Everytime we see Nate vs. a top guy, we watch him get throttled.Conor is a decent size favorite against Nathaniel Diaz at any weight and in any scenario_OPs should have to go thru some mod or something cause I have to pinch myself sometimes to see if im actuslly awake in reading some of these posts.

but what if in a clinch Nate gets Conor to the ground via a trip. What then?

I do think Conor can do damage with kicks but that's the only advantage I see talent-wise.
Some of these posts are so laughable.Nate Diaz beats m.j and all of a sudden hes some world beater.Everytime we see Nate vs. a top guy, we watch him get throttled.Conor is a decent size favorite against Nathaniel Diaz at any weight and in any scenario_OPs should have to go thru some mod or something cause I have to pinch myself sometimes to see if im actuslly awake in reading some of these posts.

Conor is a better striker and has more power. No brainer.

short notice is a big part of it. also conor really wanting to fight nate is a bad sign. and nate almost making excuses before the fight, doesn't look good

Even short notice Nate is gonna embarrass Conor Mac. Wait and see.

This is the very definition of Conor biting off more than he can chew.

i think the camp has a lot to do with it, but hes fighting conor mcgregor - the guy is viewed as invincible by a large portion of the fanbase - that affects things too
Seeing as how he has losses anr holes in his game, i couldnt disagree more. Hes no Fedor that nobody knows how to gameplan against cause hes good everywhere. The guy can be subbed and beat up on the ground as welk as the guy is a 145 pounder. No midget weight fighter strikes terror in anyone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back