Is Conor McGregor the GOAT if he beats Khabib?

He's already the GOAT. The GOAT is always the highest paid athlete in the sport.

Lebron = highest paid, GOAT
Ronaldo = highest paid, GOAT
Mayweather = highest paid, GOAT
Tom Brady = highest paid, GOAT
Federer = highest paid, GOAT
Tiger Woods = highest paid, GOAT

Yeah and GSP beat the fuck out of Serra in the rematch. I would barely call the second Diaz fight a win for Conor. He got gifted a W.
It was a legit win but he took a beating in that one too. It was hardly redemption. Nate Diaz is just a really tough fight for him.

Long, good hands, granite chin and cardio for days. I don't think McGregor's cardio is that good.

yeah, a burn't out GSP had a really close fight with a juiced up Hendricks. I'll give you that.

He's already the GOAT. The GOAT is always the highest paid athlete in the sport.

Brady isn't the highest paid. And neither is Mike Trout, the best player in baseball.

I think this would actually make him GOAT GOAT.

I have to admit it would be an enormous win and a huge feather in his cap. I still think he has work to pass GSP, Jones, Cormier and Silva. But he would start to enter the conversation imo. He still has to beat Ferguson too. And guys like Jones and GSP did it much longer.

Jones is the GOAT btw.
Im sorry but this post is pure non sense

When you say "Jones did it longer"

Did it longer against MWs and over the hill LHWs who were always much smaller and older then Jones

LHW is the weakest division in MMA, so Jones doesn't even belong in the conversation.

LW is the greatest division in MMA history so anything Conor accomplishes at LW will automatically hold for more significance, far more weight, and far more relevance than anything Jones has or will ever accomplish at LHW

Plus people are ignoring how Conor is a career FW. Which adds to the GOATness of Conor when he's winning belts at LW and destroying PRIME LW beasts

The greatest record Jones has ever faced and beaten was 15-0 (DC the first time)

That's it. Thats weaksauce

Meanwhile, If Conor beats Khabib, that will make for wins over 25-1 (Aldo) and 26-0 (Khabib)

Heck, Alvarez was 28-4 when Conor beat him

Jones has NEVER faced anyone with more wins and less losses then even just that.

Jones isn't even on Conor's level

Conor has been far more dominant against far superior competition in far more superior stacked divisions

Nevermind that Jones IS ALREADY DQ'd from the convo for all his failed tests

It's not even close, Conor>>>>>>Jones

Conor's 4 belts across the most stacked divisions in all of MMA>>>>>>>>>>>Jones's 1 belt in the weakest division in MMA

Title defenses don't mean shit and only ever became a thing because Conor haters had nothing else left on Conor

Conor beating actual champions>>>>>>beating contenders

@nostradumbass
@ralphus1
@Sjb1888
@MescalineDreams
@That209
@Arm Barbarian

Last edited:
Brady isn't the highest paid. And neither is Mike Trout, the best player in baseball.
Maybe not no because he's past his prime but the evidence is all there. The greatest in the sport are usually the highest paid.

Is he the greatest of all time without a doubt if he beats this so called 'monster' in Khabib who has never lost? First ever double champ at same time and now this.....equals GOAT

1rfo.gif

Did it longer against MWs and over the hill LHWs who were always much smaller and older then Jones

LHW is the weakest division in MMA, so Jones doesn't even belong in the conversation.

LW is the greatest division in MMA history so anything Conor accomplishes at LW will automatically hold for more significance, far more weight, and far more relevance than anything Jones has or will ever accomplish at LHW

Plus people are ignoring how Conor is a career FW. Which adds to the GOATness of Conor when he's winning belts at LW and destroying PRIME LW beasts

The greatest record Jones has ever faced and beaten was 15-0 (DC the first time)

Meanwhile, If Conor beats Khabib, that will make for wins over 25-1 (Aldo) and 26-0 (Khabib)

Jones has NEVER faced anyone with more wins and less losses then even just that.

Conor has been far more dominant against far superior competition in far more superior stacked divisions

Conor's 4 belts across the most stacked divisions in all of MMA>>>>>>>>>>>Jones's 1 belt in the weakest divisions in MMA

Title defenses don't mean shit and only ever became a thing because Conor haters had nothing else left on Conor

@nostradumbass
@ralphus1
@Sjb1888
@MescalineDreams
@That209
@Arm Barbarian
Jones destroyed 6 former champions and his only loss was a dq. And the fucking guy is partying the week before his fights. Also, McGregor was oversized for his division until he moved up to 155 wtf? Since when is being tall held against your success?

You wrote a lot of bullshit and you could have just said you want to dq Jones for the failed test. Fine, no problem with me. But he's still behind DC, Might Mouse and GSP (I guess we take out Silva for failed test also) and Fedor if you're counting MMA and not just the UFC.

Maybe not no because he's past his prime but the evidence is all there. The greatest in the sport are usually the highest paid.
Usually, yes. Brady is the GOAT imo, just pointing out it's well known that he takes pay cuts.

I'd have him around top 10 - 15 now, win over Khabib I'd put him in the top 10. Needs a few more top ten wins and consistency for me to put him in the top 5.

Tom Brady and Lebron are not the highest paid players in their sport.

Conor's 4 belts across the most stacked divisions in all of MMA>>>>>>>>>>>Jones's 1 belt in the weakest divisions in MMA

@nostradumbass
@ralphus1
@Sjb1888
@MescalineDreams
@That209
@Arm Barbarian

When did Jones get tapped by a journeyman with no camp?

No, simply because upon further examination, Khabib's UFC resume is a who's not who. MJ, who actually fought at fw, has lost 5 of his last 6, and lost 8 out of 13 by way of submission. Barboza has gone 4-4 in his last 8, hardly a world beater. Khabib has only 2 submission victories in the UFC. One over MJ, the other over Shalorus, who, never won a single fight in his brief UFC tenure. Khabib has 2 ko victories. One of them coming over Darrell Horcher, who has lost 2 of his 3 fights in the UFC, with his sole victory coming over Devin Powell. And the second KO coming over Thiago Tavares, a career UFC journeyman with just over a .500 win percentage in his time with the promotion, and now currently fights under the PFL banner. His best wins are arguably RDA, who at around that time in his career was also knocked dead by Jeremy Stephens. And 11th ranked Al Real Estate, who came off of a long layoff, took the fight on 1 days notice, and still survived the duration of the bout. In short, Khabib is hardly some "mauling" killer he's been made out to be. Conor already has better wins in his pocket, and when all is said and done, Khabib will be lucky to be 4th best on Conor's resume of victories.

Last edited:
Lewis and GSP avenged all their losses decisively. When has Conor done that?

He beat Diaz in a great fight. One of the best ever in the UFC. This shit is not a video game. People lose. You come back.

Is he the greatest of all time without a doubt if he beats this so called 'monster' in Khabib who has never lost? First ever double champ at same time and now this.....equals GOAT
I had to check and see if i replied to this thread already, since casuals make this thread every week.

You cant become the greatest if you refuse to defend a title, or if you get choked by nate diaz.

Back