Is Conor McGregor a legend?

Definitely a legend. Makes seasoned fighters look like amateurs.

Proper 12 was there

0_UFC-246-McGregor-v-Cowboy.jpg

Conor's contract includes it being an Octagon sponsor for 6 fights (starting with Khabib at 229)

Beautiful

He's a legend in the same way Brock Lesnar is a legend. Brought a whole new audience to the sport. In terms of actual accomplishments inside the Octagon, not so much.

Yes. His career so far has been far from perfect but at the end of the day, Aldo was an ATG who hadnt lost in a decade and Conor took the guy out in 13 fucking seconds. Then a year later went up a weight class and took the belt easily. His wins over Poirier and Holloway have aged very well too. Add to that the fact that he is literally the biggest draw/star in MMA history, and yes, he is a legend. The guy has many faults but you better believe the MMA world will still be reminiscing about the guy 10-20 years from now.

Yes, wether some might not like it, he has won belts in two divisions (not buying the simultaneous thing tho) and still has years left in his career.

I wouldn’t say he’s a legend, but he’s certainly a phenomenon.

He's a legend in the same way Brock Lesnar is a legend. Brought a whole new audience to the sport. In terms of actual accomplishments inside the Octagon, not so much.

LMAO two division champ and fastest KO in title fight history

Don't go full retard

LMAO two division champ and fastest KO in title fight history

Don't go full retard
Has Henry Cejudo achieved legendary status inside the Octagon? Henry is a two division champ but has a total 3 belts, because he defended once, making him more accomplished than Conor inside the Octagon. Has Jorge Masvidal achieved legendary status inside the Octagon? He has the fastest knockout in UFC history.

Legends like GSP, Anderson, Jones, etc, etc generally have a lot more accomplishments inside the Octagon. Upwards of 5+ titles and championships is what I would reserve for a true legend. Otherwise you have Chris Weidman, and other 1-4 time champions, considered as legends.

If he loses his next five fights in a row is he still a legend? Let the fighters career finish before we start talking about legend status, geez.

Yes. His career so far has been far from perfect but at the end of the day, Aldo was an ATG who hadnt lost in a decade and Conor took the guy out in 13 fucking seconds. Then a year later went up a weight class and took the belt easily. His wins over Poirier and Holloway have aged very well too. Add to that the fact that he is literally the biggest draw/star in MMA history, and yes, he is a legend. The guy has many faults but you better believe the MMA world will still be reminiscing about the guy 10-20 years from now.
The excuses from the haters on those wins are hilarious. Apparently Holloway was 13, Poirier was "too drained" (all while Conor gets shit on for being at FW) l, Aldo was too "emotional", Alvarez was always a can and got "lucky" against Dos Anjos. It's delusion at it's best.

Ofcourse he's a legend..

Good guy? Nope.. asshole.. yes..

Legendary fighter.. absolutely.. one would need a pretty awesome tinfoil hat to deny it..

Sherdawg isn’t the place to troll for validation, surprisingly good replies with notable haterz sprinkled in

Like it or not, I’m a Conrad detractor TBH, he’s still the biggest name in MMA.

Belt, or not, if the mans winning he’s the Top Dog or NeedleMover May be a better word, I’m honestly impressed that he’s dismissive of Dana’s TS talk, seems like he wants to take some dangerous fights b4 the rematch... not even the haters can shit on that, well unless he starts bringing up Edgar again.
<6>

Not really. He's mostly a UFC hype job.
His popularity is just good clinical psychology case study for what attracts crowds.
The subject of his popularity actually fascinates me more on an intellectual level than his fighting ability.
What attracts crowds to this largely obnoxious man?

I think crowds are fascinated with novel characters, notorious characters. It's similar to the Joker from the Batman universe. The Joker is one evil SOB but he's also striking a cord with lots of the crowds (at least it did with me when I watched that great film).

Conor is literally a case study of viral effects of popularity.

Reusme and competition wise, no. But as a whole yes he is and i hate him.

Back