Is Conor GOAT material? After this fight we know

Both underestimated their opponents and got finished.

Learned from their losses, improved their games and came back better than ever, avenged their losses and went on to more victories.
Lol stop comparing the 2. They are 2 very different situations.

GSP completely outclassed and finished Serra early in the 2nd fight with ease.

Conor made it out with a close decision.

Plus, Gasing out is not a fluke. Unlike getting caught by a punch.

Diaz > Conor

not active enough and taking money fights over legit contenders in his prime

no chance - you gotta defend your belt at least 5 times to ENTER the convo

gsp came back and destroyed serra, conor barley won a decision some argue he lost and spent half the fight running away.
Not the best comparison man.
Some would argue lol, only a completely deluded person would argue that, there is no case you can make for Diaz winning more than 2 rounds. Anyway I though it was a more impressive win form a mentality point of view than if he had come back and KOed him in the 1st. He faced adversity at the end of round 3 when it looked like he might gas and go out like the first fight but he dug in and won that war which is what a true goat does.

Is he fck! Great fighter with definite holes in his game. Never defended a title, has managed to generally fight favourable matchups. Anyone putting him up there with the likes of GSP etc is either a biased McGregor nut hugger or just a fckin idiot

Some would argue lol, only a completely deluded person would argue that, there is no case you can make for Diaz winning more than 2 rounds. Anyway I though it was a more impressive win form a mentality point of view than if he had come back and KOed him in the 1st. He faced adversity at the end of round 3 when it looked like he might gas and go out like the first fight but he dug in and won that war which is what a true goat does.
I see people argue nate won the second fight on here all the time, while I personally don't agree as well, it was a close fight one judge actually had it a draw. It wasn't an impressive win for conor against a gate keeper in nate though. so comparing it to gsp getting caught by serra and him coming back and showing it was a fluke win for serra isn't the best comparison

GOATS don't lose to rank 9 gatekeepers. We saw Conor isn't goat 2 years ago.

Fedor lost to Mitrione
Anderson lost to Takase
GSP lost to Serra
MM lost to Pickett

I guess they can't be GOAT either...

Look, I like Conor (in the octagon), he's a great fighter.

But he's far from GOAT discussion.

He lost to Nate Diaz for fucks sake. He would need like 10 title defenses in a row to erase that and became part of the GOAT conversation.

As good as Conors stand-up, movement and fight IQ is, Khabib is THE nightmare match up.

Khabib has almost effortlessly imposed his will on every single fighter that he has fought.

In my opinion, based on what we have seen so far from these two fighters, this should be a fight that Conor loses more often than not.

If Conor shows more layers to his game and manages to win / makes this look effortless, then in my opinion, he is walking towards the path of becoming one of the greatest of all time.

I can not wait to find out whether Conor has that level of greatness in him.

This is the type of fight that will have us all at the edge of our seats.

I am hyped.

It's too late. Nate exposed him already. GOATS don't lose to Nate Diaz. Sorry.

As good as Conors stand-up, movement and fight IQ is, Khabib is THE nightmare match up.

Khabib has almost effortlessly imposed his will on every single fighter that he has fought.

In my opinion, based on what we have seen so far from these two fighters, this should be a fight that Conor loses more often than not.

If Conor shows more layers to his game and manages to win / makes this look effortless, then in my opinion, he is walking towards the path of becoming one of the greatest of all time.

I can not wait to find out whether Conor has that level of greatness in him.

This is the type of fight that will have us all at the edge of our seats.

I am hyped.
A fight with Khabib doesn't solidify anyone's status as a GOAT. LOL LOL

He doesn't need to fight Khabib to prove he's NOT GOAT material

f01dbc8056e94f74d7e8a92553cecb3d.jpg
article-urn:publicid:ap.org:142b6bf81df34bd6b4b6a81538aa9fb2-2sF1db2jM22921e3cc750ca410cd-603_634x442.jpg

th

Conor is one of my favorite fighters, but you can’t be the GOAT with zero title defenses. Silva, GSP, and Fedor took on all comers, and defended their belts for years. Conor has picked his fights, and it’s served his bank account, but he’s avoided many matchups in the process. GSP and Silva cleaned out divisions, to the point that the UFC almost had to manufacture contenders.

biggest star in the UFC perhaps

Conor is the biggest star MMA has ever had on a global scale.

Whatever you think of his fighting abilities, to deny this is just plain silly.

..and the rematch going the way it did mean COnor is quite along way from serious GOAT discussion, I spose its not impossible but it would need a fairly long dominant run at LW.

He needs longevity to be in goat talks. And at the rate he's going, he'll never get there. He needs at least 5 or 6 more good wins for that

Back