Is Conor GOAT material? After this fight we know

Leopoldos

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
As good as Conors stand-up, movement and fight IQ is, Khabib is THE nightmare match up.

Khabib has almost effortlessly imposed his will on every single fighter that he has fought.

In my opinion, based on what we have seen so far from these two fighters, this should be a fight that Conor loses more often than not.

If Conor shows more layers to his game and manages to win / makes this look effortless, then in my opinion, he is walking towards the path of becoming one of the greatest of all time.

I can not wait to find out whether Conor has that level of greatness in him.

This is the type of fight that will have us all at the edge of our seats.

I am hyped.

He doesn't need to fight Khabib to prove he's NOT GOAT material

f01dbc8056e94f74d7e8a92553cecb3d.jpg

As a Conor hater, I'd consider him in GOAT talks if he beats Khabib. Beating both Aldo and Khabib is one hell of an achievement. Having said that, I am sure Khabib will eventually go down as Goat and destroy everybody in his path.

f01dbc8056e94f74d7e8a92553cecb3d.jpg

Losing to Diaz is no shame . Conor was destroying him and gassed himself out .

Don’t forget Diaz has spent his career fighting juiced fighters .

GSP got knocked out by Serra
Anderson lost to a nobody

You know the rest

Right so GSP isn't on the shortlist either then? What kind of goat gets finished by Mat fucking Serra in the 1st minute?

Losing one isolated fight means little, how you respond to a loss says a lot about your character and whether you have a goat mentality.
Conor passed that test with a distinction, he even proved he could win a 5 round war (which many people doubted) whilst avenging that loss.

Conor could be GOAT. He should choose Woodley and fight for third belt instead Khabib. Woodley has bad cardio and would not be able to keep Conor on the ground, so most of this fight they would fight on their feet where Conor has little advantage.

I remember when GOATs defended his belts 8-10 times and still been doubts if he's really GOAT... now they call u GOAT when u have tons followers on instashit

GOATS don't lose to rank 9 gatekeepers. We saw Conor isn't goat 2 years ago.

As a Conor hater, I'd consider him in GOAT talks if he beats Khabib. Beating both Aldo and Khabib is one hell of an achievement. Having said that, I am sure Khabib will eventually go down as Goat and destroy everybody in his path.

I don't know if Khabib can beat a healthy Tony or Kevin Lee. I got both those fights as toss ups, Lee beat Barboza worse than Khabib did.

No.

His resume would still be quite thin, when compared to others'.

I remember when GOATs defended his belts 8-10 times and still been doubts if he's really GOAT... now they call u GOAT when u have tons followers on instashit
Exactly. The GOAT fights over and over to prove he deserves to be at the top. Conor's career gave us more questions than answers.

Not particularly close to being in GOAT discussion yet, that takes years of consistent domination.

He is already in the history books for being, by far, the biggest star MMA has ever seen though.

Nope.

If he was to win quick, it'd be 'fluke'
And if he wins any other way, it'll be cos Khabib wasn't as good as people thought and he lost to his first true top competitor...
Then everything will shift to how he's ducking tony/Lee and they would humiliate him.

Are you new to sherdog ?

Conor is already a GOAT candidate, beating Khabib will make him a front runner.

ffs Conor can never be GOAT..
Not particularly close to being in GOAT discussion yet, that takes years of consistent domination.

He is already in the history books for being, by far, the biggest star MMA has ever seen though.
biggest star in the UFC perhaps

Objectively conor is far from the goat
He has one great win and several good wins
That s it
Khabib (even though he has a perfect record) has a few top ten wins but has yet to beat a top 3 fighter...
This fight won t make a goat candidate imo
Look at real goat candidate : they all have several title defences and alot of top guys on their resume

Back