Is Conor done fighting?

Is Conor done fighting?

• Total voters

FireKidWS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think he is. I’m a Conor fan and even I’m getting tired of hearing about him.

Not that a poll will make people stop talking about him but I think he’s done.

@Jackonfire @Arkridge can we make a poll?

Hopefully.

cropped432201174.jpg

Yes, hasnt won a fight since Obama was in office..... maybe BJ Penn would fight him?

It just shows how much of a fake cat he was ... and I don't mean the fighting part. It's perfectly understanable that he doesn't want to put his brain cells on the line anymore ... But he was pretending as if he had something to tell to the world that goes beyond fighting, like he's the modern day 2Pac.

Not that I personally ever bought it, I always knew the guy's an utter pretender. But he somewhat bullshitted the people, mostly teenagers, who were supporting him and looking at him as a role model.

Last edited:
He's been training for his next fight, the inevitable Khabib rematch, since the last fight, I'm sure of it. Nobody is going to turn down a McGregor payday so he can pick and choose whatever fights he wants and train for a year in advance if need be. He was training for the Floyd fight long before it was made official.

Being "retired" means he doesn't need to train for anybody else or get distracted with press tours etc. He's training for Khabib while Khabib, as a defending champion, has to think about other guys.

I'm fine with Conor hanging around and only fighting occasionally as long as the UFC doesn't allow his antics to interfere with the active fighters in his division from pursuing title opportunities. No more jumping the line over more deserving fighters. The active fighters deserve the opportunity to compete for belts given their hard work, sacrifices, injuries, etc. to chase their dream of being a champion and provide for their families.

Conor was blessed with favorable matches his entire career. He was good - no doubt about it, but was severely overrated.

The only real unfavorable match he won was against Chad Mendes, who was off the couch, gassed, and made some questionable decisions in that fight

He was one of the top fighters in the world for sure at FW, but he never defended his title, and then when the money came, he went full diva mode. He wasted his prime years attacking buses. He will never be the same fighter ever again, regardless of what he wants to tell his legion of fans. The mentality is completely different when you are coming up the ranks versus when you already have it made and are fighting for a paycheck, while getting older too.

It also doesn't help that he has zero fighting spirit and crumbles when faced with adversity. This isn't something you can change or train for

Conor will definitely have one or two (tops) fights in the UFC. But as far as his relevancy goes in the current landscape, it is non-existent

Summary: Great fighter, crisp striking, mediocre grappling, current instagram diva, irrelevant

Oh, it's the good ol' "I'm tired about hearing about Conor, so I'm gonna make a thread about him".

I don't think Conor is done fighting. His out of the cage activities have all but guaranteed he will need to generate more revenue and publicity to fuel his commercial endeavors.

I'm looking at Masvidal as the perfect opponent for Conor to come back for.

He'll be in plenty of fights in jail

It all depends on how the lucrative the offers are. I don't see him turning down serious cheddar.

Look at Mayweather; he doesn't have to fight anymore, but they keep offering him big paydays.

Yeah, it was a fun 3 years of him fighting until 2016 though.

LoL @ everyone thinking he’s done.

He’s going to come back and it’s going to be a blockbuster the likes of which only he can produce.

Just you guys wait.

Back