Is Conor Authentic?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by ReadWrite, Jan 31, 2020.

?

How often is Conor authentic?

1. Always

11.0%
  2. Often

17.8%
  3. Sometimes

21.9%
  4. Rarely

31.5%
  5. Never

17.8%
  1. ReadWrite Banned Banned

[​IMG]
    “Listen, I think a lot of Conor’s brilliance is his authenticity,” McGregor’s manager Audie Attar told MMA Fighting. “I think that [non-specific opponent] response was authentic Conor. It wasn’t a premeditated or planned thing where he decided not to necessarily name anybody’s name, but there are a dozen or so options out for him that make sense.

“Depending on which one makes the most sense depending on a number of different motivations, that’s who he’s going to go with. I don’t think it’s planned or premeditated but I would agree; it’s brilliant. Sometimes his authenticity is that brilliance.

“We had dinner the next day and he was training the last few days. He’s already back at it. I’ll see him again tomorrow for the next few days and we’re going to constantly talk about it. So we’ve already started. He’s staying ready, that’s for sure. So we’ll see. These are talks that are going to be ongoing. I’d dare to say they’ve already started between us.

“You’re always busy with Conor. Conor is a global superstar. Now we’ve launched a whiskey company. We have an apparel company. We have a fitness venture launching. We have all these different businesses going on. It’s always busy but I think when you throw in three fight cards [in 2020] for him as well for him to be on and headline, it takes things to a different level.

“Yes it’s going to be busy, but we welcome that. We’re super excited for it. I think we’re all on the same page when it comes to ambition and goals; and so that’s really fun to see when you’re entire team is in sync. I think we all welcome that type of work load. We don’t look at it as pressure. We look at it as opportunity.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2020/1/...is-brilliant-approach-regarding-next-opponent

2. DeathStroke Purple Belt

3. Wizzlebiz Wizzlebiz is the Wizziest

I'm not sure conor has been authentic to anyone but his family.

In truth I dont think anyone is ever fully authentic to anyone but family. And even then there are limits of truth you cannot go beyond without severely damaging relationships.

4. DS66 Brown Belt

He's authentic in the way that he actually is a trash talking Irish guy, through and through. His shit talking doesn't seem forced like when guys like Colby try and do it. He's being himself and it resonates with a lot of people.

With that said, he definitely says a lot of shit that just isn't true. So it's hard to call him fully authentic.

5. Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

Conor has a gimmick that has made him a lot of money..

Others have tried to follow suit, with cringe results ...cough..Colby..cough..

6. OverCoronavirus Pressure Mayberry = War Room, WR = OT. Shit. Banned

5/7/89 Grateful Dead show, Frost amphitheatre
    Fraudulently authentic.

7. thewhiterooster dana hates sunscreen

when the camera is on, he's never authentic. it's allllllll an act. an act that's got him filthy rich, albeit.

8. Jongoatjones7 Banned Banned

Conor is a psycopath that is going to hell. He hates his fans and even insulted Khabib by using the word "fanboy". Trashes TJ for loyalty, yet he cheats on his wife. Talks against bullying, punches old people. His days are numbered. He is Mike Tyson 2.0, Mark my words.

9. Lenny4Guvnor Orange Belt

He's authentic when he's hammered.

10. ifindgifsforjackslack Green Belt

No.

He's so conceited that he says he makes no excuses while literally making excuses and his fans eat it up.

11. Fox by the Sea Lighthouse Keeper Platinum Member

i am waiting to see which side is more butthurt itt so i can post the opposite of what they are saying

12. magicmarker Brown Belt

Sometimes, but he has a tell.

Only authentic when he wears his glasses.

13. Moro Purple Belt

He’s a poor man’s Chael, he’s far from authentic.

14. 91 seconds Disposable Hero

No way you can fake what he does. You have to be genuine asshole.

15. AmericanMMA Brown Belt

He’s usually just selling wolf tickets

16. Mr Fahrenheit Purple Belt

This. The best “personas” for lack of a better word are extensions and exaggerations of the real person. Ric Flair really was a flamboyant whoring maniac. Chael Sonnen, Conor McGregor, Brock Lesnar, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Jorge Masvidal all have personas that work because it’s reasonably close to who they are as people.

When you think about the less effective personas (Jon Jones pretending to be the kid from Book of Mormon comes to mind) it’s because they’re swimming against the current.

17. Mangar Black Belt

As real as it gets. #conorbless

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

18. in the liver Mo froots

"I have true respect for the Vainakh soldier. Eye to eye respect. Always be aware that when respect is given out of fear, it is fake."

"My Chechen friends, the Vainakhy soldiers, they told me that they have chicken jaws in Dagestan"

not forced at all huh

conor is fake all the time. everyone hangs on every word as if it means something but it never means anything. he talks utter shit at all times and frequently contradicts himself. its so bizarre to see how hypnotised people are by complete nonsense, just made-up rubbish

19. 613 Gold Belt

Lol no! Nothing wrong with that, but he built a persona ripping off others to make himself a superstar. He stole Floyd's whole Money persona and steals so much shit talk from Ali. He based his image off a Canadian model etc...

Conor will do whatever will make himself the most marketable. That's not authentic at all

20. King in the North Black Belt

Remember that model that Conor kinda looks like/has similar tattoos? I remember people were so bothered by McGregor that the forum got spammed with threads about that guy. Mcgoober haters have always been the most pathetic.

as to the question, not that authentic. Am I supposed to believe he is?