Is concave chest the reason for some fighters bad cardio?

Bangkok ready d1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
For those who don't know pectus excavatum or concave chest is when your chest looks like thisIMG_20210420_185612.jpg

This one is a mild case of it, its pretty common so a lot of people have it to some degree when its really bad it can look like thisIMG_20210420_190226.jpg

Anyway the point im making is this deformity can have direct offects on your breathing capacity ( usually only when its really bad ) because it compresses the lungs, it just came to my attention that some notorious fighters with not the best cardio have this deformity, like mcregor ( no pun intendeed) although his case is really mildIMG_20210420_190156.jpg

But the worst case in the ufc is of edmen, who basically only got 1 round in the tank, he is a young guy so it can be just nerves and so on, but still... Thats something i think might have an effect on itIMG_20210420_185631.jpg

Anyway this is just a theory and everybody is different, so thats probably not the case but hey, it might be it

For those who don't know pectus excavatum or concave chest is when your chest looks like thisView attachment 848794

This one is a mild case of it, its pretty common so a lot of people have it to some degree when its really bad it can look like thisView attachment 848795

Anyway the point im making is this deformity can have direct offects on your breathing capacity ( usually only when its really bad ) because it compresses the lungs, it just came to my attention that some notorious fighters with not the best cardio have this deformity, like mcregor ( no pun intendeed) although his case is really mildView attachment 848796

But the worst case in the ufc is of edmen, who basically only got 1 round in the tank, he is a young guy so it can be just nerves and so on, but still... Thats something i think might have an effect on itView attachment 848797

Anyway this is just a theory and everybody is different, so thats probably not the case but hey, it might be it
Let me be clear about this. Every man I ever fought in the streets ended up with a concave chest.

Some are still breathing some are not.

So we literally can draw NO conclusions.

I will fight more and report back.

/thread (for now)

img_20210420_190226-jpg.848795

Btw, this is his back, not his chest. Learn some anatomy TS!

It’s called pectus excavatum. I quick google search didn’t show cardio issues as a symptom. But extreme cases can press on the lungs.

Science is weak to say that pectus excavatum is a cause of poor aerobic performance. You also referenced two fighters who swing to get the finish. Efficiency over physiologic barriers more so. Look at Conor in Nate 2 vs Nate 1.

Science is weak to say that pectus excavatum is a cause of poor aerobic performance. You also referenced two fighters who swing to get the finish. Efficiency over physiologic barriers more so. Look at Conor in Nate 2 vs Nate 1.
I always thought there was only one Nate Diaz until they announced Conor vs Nate 2. I was shocked there even was a Nate 2. I'd only heard of Nick and Nate 1 at the time...

It’s called pectus excavatum. I quick google search didn’t show cardio issues as a symptom. But extreme cases can press on the lungs.
if it presses on the lungs probably is not good for your breathing

nah
nate-diaz-ufc

Airways are probably more important than lung capacity. Asthmatics and people with bronchitis have normal lung capacity but constricted airways.

img_20210420_190226-jpg.848795

Btw, this is his back, not his chest. Learn some anatomy TS!
No that's his chest. You can see his belly button, ribs and nipples.
Although I kinda wish TS had spoilers this picture

No nick and Nate diaz would have the worst cardio in the ufc if that was the case and they have the best.
I think their cardio is kind of overrated tbh. They might have good cardio but they don't go all out in their fights. Nick Diaz laid down against Anderson Silva.

If I had to nominate someone for best cardio in the UFC I'd probably go with Merab Dvalishvili

No that's his chest. You can see his belly button, ribs and nipples.
Although I kinda wish TS had spoilers this picture
Just because he has nipples on his back is no reason to make fun of him like that. Sorry, I'm reporting you. For the record, my friend had a belly button on his back before he died tragically. This isn't funny. Reported unless you can magically bring my friend back.

I think their cardio is kind of overrated tbh. They might have good cardio but they don't go all out in their fights. Nick Diaz laid down against Anderson Silva.

If I had to nominate someone for best cardio in the UFC I'd probably go with Merab Dvalishvili
They are endurance athletes not power endurance athletes.

I have that. I have pretty had cardio, but I'm also a skinny couch potato who is not athletic, so not sure if you can draw any conclusions.

I have that. I have pretty had cardio, but I'm also a skinny couch potato who is not athletic, so not sure if you can draw any conclusions.
I have it also ( not a super bad case but its noticible) my cardio is good though, but i only do running i don't know how i would do in a activity where i strengh use is a must

You know that "cardio" is short for "cardiovascular", right? It's not simply about your lungs.

Back