Is college football the most rotten carcass of a sports league? (Brian Kelly leaving Notre Dame)

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I seriously can't get wrap my head around a coach leaving a 11-1 team BEFORE THE SEASON IS OVER and with an outside chance at a Playoff Berth still in the mix.
Am I the only lifelong CFB enthusiast who is completely over the sport given the seemingly yearly repeat "contenders", mundane fake playoff system, and generic TV mouthpieces and corporate brands?
I feel like we're in a 20 year Dr. Pepper Kirk Herbstreit vortex with the headcoach of a storied program (that somehow isn't in a league...) continuing the carousel of fat overpaid figureheads whose job is mostly to shovel bribes and promises to athletes while we sitting around waiting for the same 4-5 teams to play a couple games.

They really need a formalized playoff system to stop this madness.
Anyone else see this as a shark-jumping moment for the sport?

Last edited:
Its unique and while i don't prefer it to the NFL i can see the appeal and why people(whose teams are good but not Alabama good) are obsessed. It's almost sudden death in the way if you lose once or maybe twice it kills your season.

I think keeping it at 8 teams instead of more is neccessary to maintain this and I know this is a fringe opinion but I think the perfect number would be 6 as there's rarely a 7th team who deserves to compete for a national title. Even the 4 team setup isn't really bad per say it just came along at the worst possible time when parity died and Alabama and Clemson were making it every year. If we look at the BCS era rankings 4 teams would have been lit most years and the CFP sucking has more to do with bad timing and less to do with their being anything wrong with the way the playoff is set up.

March madness style tournament would kill off what makes the sport special cause the sudden death importance of a single game is what makes the sport special. 2 and possibly 4 teams was a bit too exclusive but it shouldn't be college basketball.

Yep, shorten the regular season by eliminating some of the useless non-confrence can crushing games (2 maybe) take the top 12 teams, top 4 getting a first round bye.

I'm with an 8 team playoff because it creates an even bracket, but as a USC fan I guess I'm a lil partial to 3 non conference games cause they could still get one cupcake team then schedule another tough non conference game along with the ND game.

Imagine trying to recruit at ND with some serious academics under consideration. Must have been frustrating hearing.....he can't make the academics. Won't have that problem at LSU. Now Kelly can enjoy some of that southern speed.

Four teams is all we need, so it's fine as is. But has to be kept to the power five conferences as we will see when Cincy gets crushed. The huge difference in non power five vs the big boys is depth, too many studs at schools like Alabama, Michigan.

Love the college game because of how important it is to never lose a game, a loss is HUGE in college football, not so in the NFL.

One thing that needs to stop are those Georgia vs Troy State type games, games with a point spread of 30 hell 50 points. Yes I know the little guy made some $$$$ but it still sucked.

I'm with an 8 team playoff because it creates an even bracket, but as a USC fan I guess I'm a lil partial to 3 non conference games cause they could still get one cupcake team then schedule another tough non conference game along with the ND game.

I picked 12 to give the top 4 a first round bye. They did well in the regular season, give them some reward for it.

I don't like basketball, but nothing grabs my interest like a low seed moving into the late rounds in March Madness. Having 12 teams make the yoffs in College FB where "any given Saturday" among top 12 teams is a thing and it would add some excitement, IMO. Your perennial contenders will be there, but a few "wildcards" will ad some spice.

Full disclosure I am a Michigan fan.

I seriously can't get wrap my head around a coach leaving a 11-1 team BEFORE THE SEASON IS OVER and with an outside chance at a Playoff Berth still in the mix.
Am I the only lifelong CFB enthusiast who is completely over the sport given the seemingly yearly repeat "contenders", mundane fake playoff system, and generic TV mouthpieces and corporate brands?
I feel like we're in a 20 year Dr. Pepper Kirk Herbstreit vortex with the headcoach of a storied program (that somehow isn't in a league...) continuing the carousel of fat overpaid figureheads whose job is mostly to shovel bribes and promises to athletes while we sitting around waiting for the same 4-5 teams to play a couple games.

They really need a formalized playoff system to stop this madness.
Anyone else see this as a shark-jumping moment for the sport?
I happens due to the competitive recruiting season. Usually it's just the assistant coaches that leaves right before the bowl game. Better he leave now rather than a month from now. Allows ND to recruit a new coach and a freshman class as well.

What I don't like is that the kids are held to their commitments and not really paid and the coaches can leave whenever they like and get paid millions. Very unbalanced and unfair.

This season is a nice change of pace. It’s been the most wild and unpredictable of the CFP era. The coaching drama just adds to the excitement. We could see Georgia, Cincinnati, Michigan, and Okie State in the playoffs. College football fucking rules.

College football is for degenerates. Much like slot machines and hanging out at bars asking people if they wanna do coke.

Wrong!

Where did ya get that BS from?

Here ya go rookie...

See ya learned something.

Wrong!

Where did ya get that BS from?

Here ya go rookie...

See ya learned something.

Bro I've been to games at Camp Randall if its even called that and its way better than pedo state.

College football is a bunch of unathletic cans missing assignments.

Bro I've been to games at Camp Randall if its even called that and its way better than pedo state.

College football is a bunch of unathletic cans missing assignments.

You do know the NFL is nothing but former NCAA athletes, right? You do know 25 former Olympic athletes have played NFL football, right? You do know over 1000 NCAA footballers were stud sprinters, long jumpers, hurdlers, right?

I get the impression you know nothing about this at all.

Back