Is Colby's career finished?

cyrusthevyrus

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I mean, he artificially tries to be Conor or Chael.

Dana does not like him.

He got beaten by Usman.

What's next for him?

He will propably fight Woodley next if he losesw to Edwards

He has a bunch of fanboys who believe in him so I don't think he's finished. Whenever his next fight gets announced, the Colby fans will emerge in the hopes he becomes the champion they believe him to be.

No, we match him we other fighters we don't like.

Colby has fans. A lot of guys like the trolling and are Trump supporters. He is as getting a lot of cheers at 244. He’s not done by any stretch

Not at all. If not for Usman's cheating and the corrupt ref Colby would be the champ.

Woodley is getting rather old (Leon Edwards could further that decline), Robbie is getting old and he beat him thoroughly already, Thompson still needs to erase that huge upset to Pettis, he’s 2-2 since his title run, Jorge is in the top 5 possibly top 3 due to win streak, Askren retired but was struggling before that anyway, McGregor I heard was shortcut into the WW top10 official rankings

in summary, Colby is #2-3 so he’s in great standing, he’ll want someone to beat Usman because a rematch would be the same given their styles matchup but he can float around and let that play out (avoid immediate rematch) if he and his management are wise. He doesn’t have the power (in clinch or striking) to risk another 25 minutes with Usman, imo.

If he closes his mouth while trading shots, he wins a rematch vs Usman.

Probably not, because he’s an excellent martial artist.

The interesting question to me is how his schtick will evolve. I thought he missed a great opportunity after the Usman fight. Not to shift gears necessarily, but to do what Conor was always good at, which was to show just a little bit of humility at the right times.

If Colby just keeps plugging along in the same lane people are going to tune him out. It was somewhat compelling to see if he could bulldoze all the way to the title with this stuff, but he needs to re-invent his routine now. Not sure if he’s smart enough to do that though. He seems like he’s kind of an idiot.

If Masvidal gets the strap, then he'll almost certainly get a title shot. Their beef would be more marketable than him and Usman's.

He loses one fight to the champion and you think he's finished?? If he was 40 years old maybe. :D

No. He still has a few money fights and is still a wrecker in his division, so he's going to stay very close to the top, probably as the gatekeeper of title shots. Colby, as a heel to the mainstream, is also a babyface to Incels and Trumpers; and we all know most major sportsball and combat sports fans in America lean right-wing. So, he's a babyface to the bulk of the UFC fans, and a heel to mainstream fans who mostly don't care about MMA.

Now, had Colby gone the route of Berner instead of Trumper: every trumper would call him a cuck and make fun of him for paying for sex, would harass him online, etc. They would refuse to watch his fights, and that would cause him (and UFC) to make less money. So he chose the right side in politics to be both controversial to everyone else, but for the fanbase of his own sport, well - that's just their "locker room talk".

Everyone with full teeth and a soul hates Colby. But even if you hate Colby, you'd be a fool to go on a spree betting against him.

He just had a proper Just Bleed fight against Usman, why would he be done?

Take away his bullshit character and he has nothing to be ashamed of. He put up a good fight against the champ.

Ignore the out of the ring drama and just focus on the fighter's skills. Colby has the skills to be a champion or atleast a top contender for many years. Chael Sonnen hung around a long time with a much lesser skill-set.

giphy.gif

No, but it's gonna be as hard as f*k to live this image down ↓↓↓ Nerd Bash will never be the same

uhIoegR.jpg

Probably not, because he’s an excellent martial artist.

The interesting question to me is how his schtick will evolve. I thought he missed a great opportunity after the Usman fight. Not to shift gears necessarily, but to do what Conor was always good at, which was to show just a little bit of humility at the right times.

If Colby just keeps plugging along in the same lane people are going to tune him out. It was somewhat compelling to see if he could bulldoze all the way to the title with this stuff, but he needs to re-invent his routine now. Not sure if he’s smart enough to do that though. He seems like he’s kind of an idiot.

Exactly. I thought he gave a very good account of himself at 245. I feel like he lost some of his fake fans just because he lost, but I also feel like he came away with more real fans because of how well he did and how be battled through adversity.

But he did do himself a great disservice with how he handled the loss. Running out of the cage, blaming Goddard, hiding from the media. He should been more of an open book afterwards and not stuck to his gimmick, and like you said, showed a bit of humility. Chael was always great at this too.

Back