Is colby trying to portray himself as a heel or an idiot?

I see this same kind of statement on Twitter a lot. What has he said that is racist? Calling Brazilians filthy animals? Brazilian is not a race.
It's still racist. You don't have to overtly call someone slurs to be racist. It's indirectly racist. It's like colby, as a white guy, going to Nigeria and calling the crowd thieves. Or Mexico and making wall jokes and calling the people there filthy animals or drug dealers. Most Brazilians I've seen are people of color. Throwing incendiary statements like that laden with stereotypes, by an American white man, is definitely racist. Also let's not forget he let the word "boi" slip whilst trolling usman. And then he never used it again... Because he knows. Lastly, delegitimising Woodley's experience with racism from the fans is itself extremely racist. How can colby a Middle class white man tell a black man what racism against black people looks and feels like. I hope that clarifies it. It may be a character but the fact that he's willing to go there says a lot. Also I've said this before, I get why people would like his fighting style but anyone who roots for him because of his persona is part of the problem. I don't know why Noone has had the guts to openly call him out for being racist and xenophobic. Jorge openly called askren out

And to answer your question, TS, he’s trying (way too hard) to be a heel but it isn’t really working for him and he comes across as a huge idiot and a retard. And he’s also a pretty boring fighter, which doesn’t help.

It's still racist. You don't have to overtly call someone slurs to be racist. It's indirectly racist. It's like colby, as a white guy, going to Nigeria and calling the crowd thieves. Or Mexico and making wall jokes and calling the people there filthy animals or drug dealers. Most Brazilians I've seen are people of color. Throwing incendiary statements like that laden with stereotypes, by an American white man, is definitely racist. Also let's not forget he let the word "boi" slip whilst trolling usman. And then he never used it again... Because he knows. Lastly, delegitimising Woodley's experience with racism from the fans is itself extremely racist. How can colby a Middle class white man tell a black man what racism against black people looks and feels like. I hope that clarifies it. It may be a character but the fact that he's willing to go there says a lot. Also I've said this before, I get why people would like his fighting style but anyone who roots for him because of his persona is part of the problem. I don't know why Noone has had the guts to openly call him out for being racist and xenophobic. Jorge openly called askren out
cringe

Racism isn't real, go outside

Drinking smoothies through a straw.
The only infigment of my imagination is you must not be seeing right out of that one eye.

This guy has the worse lines i think ive ever heard
Colby is acting like that simply because it brings views, clicks, fans, haters... money.

Read this:
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27295062/how-colby-covington-became-ufc-biggest-villain

Colby used to be a respectful wrestling-based fighter... which, for Dana and co, translates to "boring". Despite being 12-1 and on a four-fight win streak he was told he'd be cut... so he went full heel and never looked back.

It's a sad story, really. :(

Colby seems to have created this character that he thought people would react to. Positvely or negatively, and it seems to be working.

The thing for me watching him though, is it just feels so scripted, rehearsed and disingenuous. When people like Bisping pr Chael played the heel, it was playing up or elborating on their natural character, and they both had some wit. Whenever Colby speaks it juat seems like it is so scripted, he is just remembering his lines, and it seems so obviously an act.
It is an act. And act that saved his ass from being cut. That's the sad part. He was on a 4 fight win streak when the UFC told him he'd be cut after Maia... so he started this WWE shitshow to attract haters. It worked. It's still working, no matter how horribly fake it is.

I mean fuck, his mom told him off, his friends stopped talking to him, he sacrificed A LOT to keep himself in the UFC and get that belt... just because in the UFC wins don't matter. Shit talking matters. Controversy matters. Fame matters. Wins? Not so much.

I think you might be autistic TS

Colby gonna leave Marty Fakenewsman in a pool of his own blood. December 15 baby. Making UFC great again!

He was trolling but now his trolling has gone so far he's enveloped in it. It's like when an undercover cop ends up turning to a life of crime.

A little from column A a little from column A

Have you watched the countdown yet?

They show him partying in a pool with a bunch of women, at what appears to be a luxurious house and talking about what a great lifestyle he lives... then he goes on to say he is at Dan Lambert's house. Lol wtf... dude you do all this so you can hang out at the place of the man that makes money off you. I know it's a shtick, but saying shit like that makes you look stupid and pathetic.

He continues to talk about private jets, getting paid, being a draw, etc... all the while talking from the luxury of another man's home.

There's nothing witty about what he does and to go through with some of the lines he has rehearsed shows what kind of person he is.

He’s trying to be a heel. Some bad ass who doesn’t care about people’s opinions and who fucks a lot of girls.

He’s obviously not that. Quite the opposite. He’s doing a bad job. But at least he’s TRYING.

This is why people think MMA fans are dumb.

----
The guy wears a 3 $ suit, and makes the videos with the hot chicks, to be obvious that they are there only for the money. It's a gimmick and it works.

He was trolling but now his trolling has gone so far he's enveloped in it. It's like when an undercover cop ends up turning to a life of crime.
source.gif

It's a symbol for it. It's a code word no less obvious than "urban youths". MF we know what you stand for.
LMAO Trump Derangement Syndrome is real, and this post is proof.
Have you watched the countdown yet?

They show him partying in a pool with a bunch of women, at what appears to be a luxurious house and talking about what a great lifestyle he lives... then he goes on to say he is at Dan Lambert's house. Lol wtf... dude you do all this so you can hang out at the place of the man that makes money off you. I know it's a shtick, but saying shit like that makes you look stupid and pathetic.

He continues to talk about private jets, getting paid, being a draw, etc... all the while talking from the luxury of another man's home.

There's nothing witty about what he does and to go through with some of the lines he has rehearsed shows what kind of person he is.
he’s not trying to be witty. It’s shtick, that so many people, including you, are too willfully dense to realize it.
This is why people think MMA fans are dumb.

----
The guy wears a 3 $ suit, and makes the videos with the hot chicks, to be obvious that they are there only for the money. It's a gimmick and it works.

this guy gets it.

Back