Is Colby ok? What happened to him

I believe it.
Colby wouldn't be the first grappler kicked out the ufc for being boring despite winning.
Of course I can bring up okami, shields and Fitch but then people will argue their pay was too high.
So I bring up people like Jared Rosholt who was 6-2 in the UFC's HW division with wins over Walt Harris, Struve and Palelei who all stayed with the company while Rosholt was given the pink slip. Why was he cut? He was grinding boring wrestler who was good enough to beat almost anyone they put in front of him but wouldn't ever be champ. So he didn't resign.
Corey Anderson. Another strong wrestler and top LHW that the ufc granted is release and let walk right to bellator. And Corey was vocal about how the ufc was critical of his style and how he didn't feel appreciated in the ufc.
How they hell did the ufc let Phil Davis go right after beating peak Glover? Boring fighting style (I admit though at one point watching phil Davis fight was like watching paint dry but he was still a top LHW and has developed a decent kicking game over the years. I thought he beat Bader in they final fight but bellator hyped up Bader to much so unless Phil was gonna stop Bader or beat him down to a decision he wasn't winning.)
What about Bader? Let a top 5 guy, who was on the cusp of a TS walk to bellator and collect scalps and titles over there. Whose idea was that?

But somehow Johnny walker can get resigned and Anthony Smith can take 100 losses and still come back to the ufc.
Yes, I agree on all three of those LHWs.
Bader was always a fan favorite.
And both Corey and Davis have improved their striking while in Bellator.
But Ryan Bader probably did well financially with two titles? And if he wins a few more HW fights than he's making good $ for his future. Thing is, he started getting KO'd at LHW in Bellator. And I believe he peaked in the UFC. The HW thing was something to try with Bellator's Grand Prix, and it really worked out for him. So for him, the move really worked out, albeit in a strange way since he moved up in weight.

Ah, leave Ion and Johnny Walker alone. I'll root for those guys over my own mother because they're so cool.

I do also think though that Colby did take off some time from the public to reflect on the last few months of his life.
Really?

If I gave you 2 choices:
  1. Colby's lawyer told him to stfu until the civil case is complete, or
  2. Colby is reflecting
Which do you think is the most likely?

Masvidal the hero we needed. Ass whippings has been the #1 tool against big talkers for ever.

The only ass whipping was Colby beating him all over the cage for 25 minutes. Mas threw a sucker punch like the sucker he is. He, and anyone who supports his actions, have the mental capacity of a 14 year old hoodlum.

'I can't put together a sentence to express how I feel and someone made me mad so I'm gonna assault them in public '. Even if you win, you still lose.

Yes, I agree on all three of those LHWs.
Bader was always a fan favorite.
And both Corey and Davis have improved their striking while in Bellator.
But Ryan Bader probably did well financially with two titles? And if he wins a few more HW fights than he's making good $ for his future. Thing is, he started getting KO'd at LHW in Bellator. And I believe he peaked in the UFC. The HW thing was something to try with Bellator's Grand Prix, and it really worked out for him. So for him, the move really worked out, albeit in a strange way since he moved up in weight.

Ah, leave Ion and Johnny Walker alone. I'll root for those guys over my own mother because they're so cool.
If Anthony Smith's fighting ability would match his character he'd be a GOAT candidate

Really?

If I gave you 2 choices:
  1. Colby's lawyer told him to stfu until the civil case is complete, or
  2. Colby is reflecting
Which do you think is the most likely?
Stfu until the case is complete

He's still processing everything he found out when he fucked around

Not gonna lie, it's pretty damn sweet not hearing anything from Colbington other than from the 2-3 fanboys he have left, solely here on Sherdog.

Not gonna lie, it's pretty damn sweet not hearing anything from Colbington other than from the 2-3 fanboys he have left, solely here on Sherdog.
It's been pretty nice. Although arguing with his completely braindead fanbase is incredibly fun because they get so upset and are not very intelligent at all

Colby's lawyer shrouded him with teh Cone of Silence.

how did he go from being super loud and annoying all over the media

to being complete silence

masvidal did a number on him in that assault

Those big Ls to snoozeman did it. If he jad any power, he would be world champion.

For once he is being smart and staying quiet while lawyers figure out how to get as much money as possible from the situation.

I don't think there is that much $ to be had. Definitely not enough to push back fighting if you are able. It was a minor incident.

it would be a shame if masvidal did end his career

Colby has been out for over a year with brain damage. He could easily fight 3x in one year. Colby would easily clear over one million dollars in 3 fights. That's not counting the expensive Rolex that masvidal damaged, Colbys dental repair bill, as well as damages for pain and suffering. It could easily be a multimillion dollar settlement.

Masvidal is a mental can lol.

Masvidal made him realize that his words have consequences in the street, MMA fight is real and all but a street fight is a different beast with no rules lol. There are people that dgaf.. I think Masvidal scared him straight lol
nah he's trying to make his story stick in court cant have him being a douche and fighting while claiming brain damage

Colby has been out for over a year with brain damage. He could easily fight 3x in one year. Colby would easily clear over one million dollars in 3 fights. That's not counting the expensive Rolex that masvidal damaged, Colbys dental repair bill, as well as damages for pain and suffering. It could easily be a multimillion dollar settlement.

Masvidal is a mental can lol.

LOL- Colby has no brain damage. He has been pulling in too much money in poker tournaments since the incident to claim any significant kind of brain damage.

I have a partial crown on my front tooth. I lose it about once every 2 years and it costs me $500 to replace. And you are assuming it's a real Rolex, and that it's damaged beyond minor repairs.

It's not going to be a million $ settlement. It won't even be a 100K settlement.

But we can certainly agree Mas is an idiot.

Back