Is Colby Convington a nightmare matchup for khabib ?

Colby is bigger and his wrestling is elite. His cardio seems endless as well. I still have a hard time calling it. I dont actually know how good khabibs grappling is.
Colby isn't that big weight wise. Dude barley cuts weight. He hovers around 183. Even said so himself.

Don't know who I would pick in this fight actually. Definitely wouldn't bet on the fight.

Stylistically Colby might be one of Khabib's toughest fights with how good his cardio is. They have a common opponent but Khabib's win over RDA was even more impressive than Colby's which is saying something.

Colby is bigger and his wrestling is elite. His cardio seems endless as well. I still have a hard time calling it. I dont actually know how good khabibs grappling is.
Owen-Wilson-WTF.gif

Colby isn't that big weight wise. Dude barley cuts weight. He hovers around 183. Even said so himself.

Colby is always in shape however. Khabib gains fat in the off season. When they are both sub 10% body fat Covington is probably 10lbs heavier.

Can Khabib beat a top five ww?
First, let's see how he does against a FW in October, then how he can handle a top five LW - after that, if he gets through, we can worry about people in the ww division.

And yet pre-USADA Tibau was 10-6 after the Khabib fight against fellow LWs, how do you explain that, if his strength is on another planet compared to an elite WW wrestler like Colby? Are all the LW he lost to as strong as DC?
That is irrelevant to the fact that he has only been taken down 6 times in his UFC career. You can keep coming up with reasons why he should not be considered a strong lw, but that won’t change the fact that he was a freakishly strong LW grappling wise, which is backed by tdd statistics.

Colby wrestling is top notch and his cardio is the best in the UFC . I thinks khabib melts after getting a taste of Colby’s grappling and pace and Colby grinds kut a 50-45 . Also standing colby is better than khabib standing .
Opposite.

Khabib is a nightmare matchup for Colby.

Khabib twists his arm off.

khabib is overrated

T ferguson will beat Khabib.

What exactly makes him overrated? I agree Ferguson does beat him just based on his funky unpredictable style...

<NewGina> that;s cute. Have you seen kabob's striking? like a schoolchild.
And colby is k1 now is he? He’s fuckin awful .his only success would be through the threat of the takedown which I think would be zero against khabib

Why are we bringing up WW now when he still has a lot of guys at LW that he needs to fight. With that being said though I think Woodley would be a nightmare matchup. Not only do you have high level wrestling to negate yours, you have explosive KO power to deal with. It's not like Colby is miles ahead of Khabib in the standup. If anything I think Khabib has the better skillset.

Colby could barely takedown Dos Anjos, this would be Khabib vs Trujillo part 2.

Nowhere close TDD wise wtf lmfao. Colby got taken down with ease by RDA, Tibau has the GOAT TDD

No he doesn't. Tyron Woodley has GOAT TDD in the UFC. Jone is also better. Tibau is at most 5th or 6th.

Khabib wins pretty easily. Colby will not be able to hold him against the cage like he did with RDA, RDA took Colby down with ease and spent the most time on the ground. When RDA tried to take Khabib down, he got reverse hip tossed on his ass. Khabib takes Colby down and ragdolls him for five rounds.

And colby is k1 now is he? He’s fuckin awful .his only success would be through the threat of the takedown which I think would be zero against khabib
By being bigger and stronger? Oh, ok cupcake.

Colby wrestling is top notch and his cardio is the best in the UFC . I thinks khabib melts after getting a taste of Colby’s grappling and pace and Colby grinds kut a 50-45 . Also standing colby is better than khabib standing .

Literally nobody has beaten Khabib. Not on the streets, not in practice, not in the ring and not in the octagon. Do you know how adaptable a person has to be to never lose??? Khabib beats Colby in stand up. Colby is screwed once they clinch. The only thing Colby might have is a double, but what happens once they're on the ground?

Any fight at welterweight is a nightmare matchup for Khabib. He knows this. That's why he practically kills himself to cut to lightweight.

Back