Is Colby Convington a nightmare matchup for khabib ?

Covington isn't a nightmare for any halfway decent fighter. He isn't very good at all.

Colby would probably give Khabib problems, yes. I think all the big and physical wrestlers in LW and WW give him problems. He’s really yet to face any of them though so time will tell.

Colby has absolutely no grind, no grit, or no true GnP in his wrestling, he wrestles so he won't get hit, shifts & moves to look busy so he won't get stood up, his wrestling is nothing more than deceptive cuddling. Whereas Khabib's grappling & grasp is torture at every movement you try wiggle free it's in two wordz Soul Breaking...

khabib-trap.gif

tumblr_mgxfe2iEc61qaa8d1o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

That was back in 2015 , colby has improved so much since then and also had a broken rib going into that fight .
Yet, many on this site use a fight vs Tibau back in 2012, in regards to Khabib.

Colby is bigger and his wrestling is elite. His cardio seems endless as well. I still have a hard time calling it. I dont actually know how good khabibs grappling is.
Covington is approx an inch taller, but walks around a few lbs smaller, reportedly high 180's, mid 190's, then what is reported about Khabib's walk around weight of low 200's, high 190's. Covington has not really impressed with his cardio, just seems to be in good shape cardio wise. Khabib's resume in MMA, and outside of MMA, pretty much speaks for itself in regards to his grappling skill sets.. he also took Trujillo, who is a 4 time Collegiate All American in Wrestling, down over 20 times, setting a UFC record in doing so. Khabib has 84% tdd, Colby has 78% tdd. Covington has a 5.63 td avg, Khabib has a 5.44 td avg. I think Woodley, GSP or Askren, vs Khabib, would be more interesting.

Khabib would most likely stuff colbys takedowns and beat the brakes off of him standing

No...just no. His TDD and raw strength is not even on the same planet

You talk as if Tibau was crushing LWs and tossing them out of the cage before the Khabib fight, when in reality he has always been a mediocre LW with a UFC record of 10-6 after the Khabib fight.

You talk as if Tibau was crushing LWs and tossing them out of the cage before the Khabib fight, when in reality he has always been a mediocre LW with a UFC record of 10-6 after the Khabib fight.
In his entire UFC career Tibau has been taken down 6 times out of 70 attempts. His TDD and raw strength pre IV ban/USADA was unreal. He only fell off the horse when he couldn't juice or rely on IVs any more.

Colby is a grinder with mediocre TDD. Kim and RDA took him down multiple times. In terms of strength and TDD he is unimpressive.

He's a very good offensive wrestler with a decent top game but has trouble holding better grapplers like RDA down.

Colby wrestling is top notch and his cardio is the best in the UFC . I thinks khabib melts after getting a taste of Colby’s grappling and pace and Colby grinds kut a 50-45 . Also standing colby is better than khabib standing .

Colby wins by having superior American Wrestling.

Maybe but I don't see it.

Cuddles is like a crappy Khabib.

Yet, many on this site use a fight vs Tibau back in 2012, in regards to Khabib.

Covington is approx an inch taller, but walks around a few lbs smaller, reportedly high 180's, mid 190's, then what is reported about Khabib's walk around weight of low 200's, high 190's. Covington has not really impressed with his cardio, just seems to be in good shape cardio wise. Khabib's resume in MMA, and outside of MMA, pretty much speaks for itself in regards to his grappling skill sets.. he also took Trujillo, who is a 4 time Collegiate All American in Wrestling, down over 20 times, setting a UFC record in doing so. Khabib has 84% tdd, Colby has 78% tdd. Covington has a 5.63 td avg, Khabib has a 5.44 td avg. I think Woodley, GSP or Askren, vs Khabib, would be more interesting.

Trujillo got wrestle fucked by a boxer, lmao. That's just embarrassing to even bring up. Colby is on another level.

In his entire UFC career Tibau has been taken down 6 times out of 70 attempts. His TDD and raw strength pre IV ban/USADA was unreal. He only fell off the horse when he couldn't juice or rely on IVs any more.

Colby is a grinder with mediocre TDD. Kim and RDA took him down multiple times. In terms of strength and TDD he is unimpressive.

He's a very good offensive wrestler with a decent top game but has trouble holding better grapplers like RDA down.

And yet pre-USADA Tibau was 10-6 after the Khabib fight against fellow LWs, how do you explain that, if his strength is on another planet compared to an elite WW wrestler like Colby? Are all the LW he lost to as strong as DC?

where are people getting this Colby has the best gas tank in the UFC bit from? He was gassed as fuck fighting Maia...?...

Back