Is Codys reach really only 65 in?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
That's pretty short for 5'8. For comparison DJ has a 67(i think) reach and Liniker too has 67 inch reach whilst being shorter.

Just interesting imo. Also max Holloway has a 69 inch reach. Just proof that T rex arms arent a death sentence.

Same species as Artem. Needs a stick to wipe himself

Same species as Artem. Needs a stick to wipe himself

t-rex-hates-boxing-yes-he-does-yes-he-does.jpg

No, the UFC always put out smaller numbers so people will be pleasantly surprised if tuning in

shoulder width is also a big part of wingspan. I think for instance holloway doesn't really have short arms, more a super narrow frame

That's pretty short for 5'8. For comparison DJ has a 67(i think) reach and Liniker too has 67 inch reach whilst being shorter.

Just interesting imo. Also max Holloway has a 69 inch reach. Just proof that T rex arms arent a death sentence.

you need really good offensive footwork, which Max and Cody have. Cody doesn't really use angles though, just goes in straight lines.

if you have short reach but shit offensive footwork, you basically have to rely on slipping then counter... like artem. He's actually pretty good at it, but if thats ll you got in your arsenal, you're fucked.

I'm really starting to think reach stats aren't accurate.

They got Max Holloway having a 69 inch reach. That's a terribly short reach for a tall man. His arms don't even look that short either,

I doubt that's accurate for Cody. He seems to have relatively average length arms and frame for his height so I expect that his wingspan is roughly equal to his height.

shoulder width is also a big part of wingspan. I think for instance holloway doesn't really have short arms, more a super narrow frame

I think that gives him the illusion of longer reach. They measure across the shoulders for reach anyway right?

yep, Max's arms arent as short as the reach suggests. Cody and Khabib both have Artem arms. Cody overcomes this with insane speed while Khabib does it with grappling supremacy and brute strength. As for Artem...well, uhh sucks for him.

you need really good offensive footwork, which Max and Cody have. Cody doesn't really use angles though, just goes in straight lines.

if you have short reach but shit offensive footwork, you basically have to rely on slipping then counter... like artem. He's actually pretty good at it, but if thats ll you got in your arsenal, you're fucked.

Or if you're mark hunt and you have a granite chin and KO power.

The UFC is very well known for fucking up fighter's stats. Is normal.

let us all remember the original T-rex champion- Sean Sherk
20140910034400_IMG_3622.JPG

*Keep in mind these are unofficial listed measurements

Fedor: 76"
Nog: 77"
DC: 72.5"

And these are the 3 best HWs of all time

I don't really like how they measure reach, I think they should measure the arms and not the shoulders as well. If you have a really narrow frame then your reach appears much shorter than it is. Also they should measure their legs as the sport does involve kicking.

I don't really like how they measure reach, I think they should measure the arms and not the shoulders as well. If you have a really narrow frame then your reach appears much shorter than it is. Also they should measure their legs as the sport does involve kicking.

Yeah I agree. I always thought they should just measure one arm from the shoulder to the fingertip. Never understood what the back/shoulder had to do with arm length.

Back