Is Cody the closest thing right know when it comes to boxing in MMA? (but dude lacks fight iq)

He has the smoothest boxing technique in the UFC.

Contras:
Keeps his chin up too much
Has super short arms for his height. His power would be extrem if he had Cruz 3 inch advantage
Drops his left while throwing the right
is 10 pounds lighter than TJ
Lacks TJs steroids

Cody is chinny as hell, you keep bringing up fight IQ, but he is chinny as fuck. I been saying this for ages on here, and when he was undefeated I said it too, he has that deer in the headlight look about him when he gets hit.

Umm... You people do know there is someone in the UFC that is a 17 time world boxing champion across three weight classes right?
Someone who was ring magazines boxer of the year twice and boxrec pound for pound top 10 of all time...

Seeing as the extent of his combinations are a 3-2 or vice versa and not really anything else...no. It's an excellent tool but his overall game is shallow.

he showed us a boxer can become UFC champ and outclass the supposed GOAT of his division

dudes style is basic TDD (he only uses his wrestling for TDD 99,99999999999% of the time) + footwork + counters

Codys style is EXTREMLY boxing heavy.

I just wanna know whos the closest thing. Everybody probably has a different opinion, but it would still be interesting to hear what you think.

Holly Holm but again, she finished Honda with a throat kick so that takes away the “best boxer” argument and has a pro kickbox background to her boxing background (idk which came first)

Or that chick in Bellator, Heather Hardy

Both have actual high level pro boxing experience

he showed us a boxer can become UFC champ and outclass the supposed GOAT of his division
To my point, he wasn’t a boxer: he had an equally early wrestling experience, he just did boxing more and we just notice his flashy bobbing and weaving but he outwrestled Cruz also

wtf you talking about boxing heavy? yes he uses boxing but there are more intelligent fighters who used boxing in ufc
Rose has better boxing
Valentina has better boxing
and those are just two girls
Lmao! You’re a clown

Lmao! You’re a clown
Rose and Valentina both have better technical boxing skill than Cody, Cody has fast hands but no defense or timing he just throws and relies on speed

If he's the best example of a boxer in MMA that's a slam against boxers.

Umm... You people do know there is someone in the UFC that is a 17 time world boxing champion across three weight classes right?
Someone who was ring magazines boxer of the year twice and boxrec pound for pound top 10 of all time...
Holm right?
Yeah I've never been impressed with Cody. I dont know where that hype came from t's ridiculous.

I also dont think Holm utilizes her boxing as well as she could. She tends to kick alot and it's kind of crazy. You would never think she was a world class boxer.

Cody throws more hooks than a Japanese whaling boat

Cody's style is not boxing, it's punching
B6TS.gif

Goat

Cody has no jab. That’s what it seems like at least.

Bisping lacks
Holm right?
Yeah I've never been impressed with Cody. I dont know where that hype came from t's ridiculous.

I also dont think Holm utilizes her boxing as well as she could. She tends to kick alot and it's kind of crazy. You would never think she was a world class boxer.

Cody didn't get a lot of hype until he KTFO of Almeida, who was overhyped himself. Almeida was always as stiff as a board and I knew it was only a matter of time before he ran into a wall.

Cody Masvidal Conor JDS Ngannou have the best boxing and thats not saying much

Back