Is Cody Garbrandt the Ronda of the men’s Bantamweight division?

PrideJitZoo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can’t take a punch and goes into hiding when he loses.

That’s stupid .. cody is a great fighter .. tj just has the better chin .

Terrible comparison IMO.
Cody didn't go into hiding. For christ's sake, he went to the post fight press conference after his first loss to TJ and took questions. That's the opposite of going into hiding.

At least he tried to fight back, LMFAO.

I could see Cody being mentally broken from losing twice, not to just anyone but a guy he hates.

We'll have to see, maybe he can put it behind him and go on another run.

Cody as gone into hiding...?

As long as Cody is not going to hide his neck tattoos behind a purple pillow, he will be ok.

Where’s the purple pillow?

When Cody was reflecting on his health and spending time with his family in the pre-fight interviews I thought he was in trouble and not mentally prepared for this fight. His chin is not good enough for his brawling style. He is very quick and can get usually get away with game plan. But, when you fight the top guys, especially the strikers, you are going to get hit. Cody cannot absorb the shots any longer. I feel is is done as top guy....the fight game is brutal.

Not even close. Cody wasn't near the dominant fighter in their division as Rousey was, nor has he actually gone into hiding and completely giving up fighting after losing

He lost the first fight, and thankfully decided not to completely shit talk leading up to the second one. He made a poor decision to brawl with TJ in this one. That's about it

Hope he doesn't loose his confidence and can come back. Very fun style and fighter to watch in the cage. Lots of good matchups for him still

Can’t take a punch and goes into hiding when he loses.

Gotta give Cody credit for going over to congratulate TJ right after the loss. That had to be tough for him and was more class than RR showed.

Last edited:
More like the BW Vitor. Amazing handspeed and power, but a frontrunner with regular brainfarts that doesnt like to be in a competitive fight.

Both Can take a good pounding ..

'can't take a punch', don't be stupid. he ate quite a few hard shots, and then a nasty knee right to the face and he was still standing at the end.

I could see Cody being mentally broken from losing twice, not to just anyone but a guy he hates.

We'll have to see, maybe he can put it behind him and go on another run.

The UFC adores him, so no way he has to fight such tough competition as TJ had to do to get another shot. So no Moraes, Assuncao or Lineker, but someone like Munhoz, Rivera or a money fight with Cruz instead.

Last edited:
duplicate

Last edited:
Could Cody put HHH through a table though?
tumblr_p4qmfv84wj1u1ljrzo1_500.gif

Back