Is CNN intentionally race baiting here? Trayvon Martin 2.0 here we go

I don't know the details on that dude trying to protect his home and neighborhood. He may be a gem. But to bad the victim was out drag racing in front of people's houses at 1 am. Sounds like some of them were flashing guns. The victim could have avoided this whole thing.
Unless the article is horribly inaccurate, the MUCH more sensible thing would have been to see to your family's safety while awaiting the police, whom you've supposedly just summoned. Unless they were on his property, firing off rounds, or otherwise threatening his family, there would no intelligent reason to abandon your family to go instigate a gun fight with a bunch of drunk kids, knowing the police were already on the way. The guy makes Zimmerdouche look intelligent by comparison.

Trayvon may have been a lot of things. But he didn't need to die. Plus Zimmerdouche has already shown repeatedly how stupid, violent and unstable he is. Zimmerman was always a thug/wannabe cowboy/cop looking for a 'youth' to beat up on.

Also, skittles are delicious. I still don't believe that Trayvon punched Zimmerman for no reason. Most likely Zimmerman tried to grab him and citizens arrest him and Trayvon like many of us said fuck that and hit that creepy dude.
Unfortunately there was no evidence that supported anything but trayvon punching him from ontop. He probably did what you think he did..but he can't be convicted on a hunch

Sooo...... He shot through his garage window at people in the street? Hope he likes prison.

Trayvon 2.0? Fuck it, let's do this thing. I've got a spare year to fill with fecal matter.

Do we know they actually had guns?

Reading the 911 transcripts this guy seemed like an asshole that was looking for a reason to fire his shotgun.

I remember back in my area growing up (long beach/southern California) the cops would always take forever showing up. One thing would get them there within a few minutes however. "Black males with what looks to be a gun"

Yea well they saw the ratings they got from Trayvon Martin and how America fell for the race baiting. They have been pushing it since then with no accountability. All the white cop shoots black person stories, it is really disgusting and has effected the public in general. Of course our wanna Hollywood liberal president has did a terrible job in stirring the race baiting pot. All this is sad to see and people have lost lives over this chaos of the public and racism perception being manufactured.

What makes a shotgun bad for warning shots?
The spray of the Shotgun. Sends projectiles in a wide range. The guy probably tried shooting at cars and ended up hitting the 19 year old

Of coarse. Race baiting is MSM's bread and butter.

This guy watched Gran Torino too many times.

Yea well they saw the ratings they got from Trayvon Martin and how America fell for the race baiting. They have been pushing it since then with no accountability. All the white cop shoots black person stories, it is really disgusting and has effected the public in general. Of course our wanna Hollywood liberal president has did a terrible job in stirring the race baiting pot. All this is sad to see and people have lost lives over this chaos of the public and racism perception being manufactured.

There is a problem with cops killing black people. There has always been this problem, except now it's being brought to light. You sound like a typical conservative that doesn't see this problem. You're right, it's sad to see and this should be addressed, but it won't.

I agree that not every news story like this is racially charged, again this guy just seemed like an asshole.

The spray of the Shotgun. Sends projectiles in a wide range. The guy probably tried shooting at cars and ended up hitting the 19 year old
lol shotgun spray.

Probably no spray. I'm guessing he was using slugs in the shotgun, not buckshot, if he sniped him from his garage. Hard to know the details from that article though.

Probably no spray. I'm guessing he was using slugs in the shotgun, not buckshot, if he sniped him from his garage. Hard to know the details from that article though.
I wouldn't put it passed the guy to load up some buckshot lol

There is a problem with cops killing black people. There has always been this problem, except now it's being brought to light. You sound like a typical conservative that doesn't see this problem. You're right, it's sad to see and this should be addressed, but it won't.

I agree that not every news story like this is racially charged, again this guy just seemed like an asshole.

There are all sorts of problems in the country I don't deny black being target by cops isn't a problem. But you don't deal with it in extremes, how are race relations in the USA now? Don't tell me we are going backwards and are worse off then the 90's or before. Perception is reality and they are painting a sad unneeded perception over the last few years.

"I am locked and loaded," he tells the dispatcher. "I'm going outside to secure my neighborhood. You need to send PD as quickly as possible."
The dispatcher asks, "I'm sorry. You're going out to do what to the neighborhood, sir?"
"I'm going to secure my neighborhood. I'm on the neighborhood watch. I'm going to have the neighbors with me. There's hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It's 1 o'clock in the morning. There's several dozen of them. They have firearms, and we're going to secure our neighborhood. If I were you, I'd send PD as quickly as possible."
Asked if he can provide a house number or intersection, he says "Negative, ma'am. It's on Singleleaf, Raleigh, North Carolina. PD know where this is at."

"Well, I don't know if they're shot or not, ma'am. I fired my warning shot like I'm supposed to by law. They do have firearms, and I'm trying to protect myself and my family," the man replies.
The dispatcher asks who is outside his house, and the man says he doesn't know but there's a party at a nearby home. The back-and-forth is interrupted by some sort of commotion before the man again orders the dispatcher to send police.
"There are frigging black males outside my frigging house with firearms. Please send PD," he says.

Raleigh police don't know if Thomas or anyone accompanying him was armed, said spokeswoman Laura Hourigan. Police records show authorities were not called to the block -- for the party or otherwise -- before the first call in which the man told the dispatcher he was going to "secure the neighborhood."

Sounds open and shut that the shooter lived some kind of action movie fantasy and was eager to shoot his gun. This death could have been avoided many, many different ways.

The one thing we know this has in common with Trayvon Martin was the shooter was determined to be a hero, even against common fucking sense.

There are all sorts of problems in the country I don't deny black being target by cops isn't a problem. But you don't deal with it in extremes, how are race relations in the USA now? Don't tell me we are going backwards and are worse off then the 90's or before. Perception is reality and they are painting a sad unneeded perception over the last few years.

No, there's no perception being painted. With the rise in video cameras all of a sudden people can't pretend there isn't a problem.

That's a question so easy I don't have to read the OP. Yes, the answer is always yes.

Race relations are horrible in the US right now. We are going backwards, you must have your goggles on if you don't see that. I wouldn't say we are at the point of the 90s but at this rate we will get there.

We have a Republican presidential candidate that is bringing alot of the bigots from out of the wood work. It's going to get worse. If you don't believe it, I gladly invite you to Google trump racism at rallys and watch for yourself.

Seeing all these young trump supporters chanting "build the wall". I'm willing to bet that these people have no idea of the impact of illegal immigration, but rather have an ulterior motive.

Race relations are horrible in the US right now. We are going backwards, you must have your goggles on if you don't see that. I wouldn't say we are at the point of the 90s but at this rate we will get there.

We have a Republican presidential candidate that is bringing alot of the bigots from out of the wood work. It's going to get worse. If you don't believe it, I gladly invite you to Google trump racism at rallys and watch for yourself.

Seeing all these young trump supporters chanting "build the wall". I'm willing to bet that these people have no idea of the impact of illegal immigration, but rather have an ulterior motive.

This tension has been before Trump was the Nominee, Obama has done nothing to help only hurt race relations, what do you think?

Back