Is CM Punk's loss any less embarrassing after Gall submitting Sage?

No it's just as embarrassing. Maybe even more. He could have been in the same card and Conor v Aldo, with ronda and Cat, and CroCop v Gonzaga and it'd still be as embarrassing. Dude should have never been in the UFC. It's embarrassing for everyone involved.

I'll never understand posts like this. Fighting a professional fighter is not something everybody would do, no matter the money. It does take some balls.

Maybe I shouldn't have said no balls. Very little balls. Pretty much any sherdogger would get in there with a professional fighter for the money Punk is making.

Maybe I shouldn't have said no balls. Very little balls. Pretty much any sherdogger would get in there with a professional fighter for the money Punk is making.

That I can agree with. Hell, I sure would have. But I have friends who have never, and will never, throw hands against anyone, let alone a professional fighter.

it's not as embarrassing as the long awkward hug and nuzzling they did right after the fight.

He took the sport up without any prior training, did all the right things to try and become a fighter but got beat up by someone who was just flat out better than he was.

He got beat up but ultimately I don't know if it was embarrassing because everyone kind of knew he sucked.

At least he got paid well for his troubles.

I'll never understand posts like this. Fighting in the UFC is a privilege that thousands of legit MMA fighters never get the chance to do. Not to mention Punk is getting paid more than virtually everybody else in the sport. It takes no balls at all.
it isn't a privilege when you could just fake wrestle for more money like punk.

I felt even James Toney looked more competitive than CM. Toney vs CM may be a good matchup now that I think of it. Don't forget, James claims to be a "gold belt"!

What say you Sherdog?

No.

Because what made Punk's loss embarrassing wasn't that he didn't win the fight, it was that after all that time and all that build-up and all that tough talk and all that top training, all he did was throw one horrific double-hand-push-punch that missed by a mile, and was then subjected to a hellacious one-sided beatdown on the mat... and that was his UFC career over.

Epic.

466621672.jpg

Gall could move up to 205 and flatline Jones, CM Punk running in and throwing that punch 3 seconds in is still embarrassing as fuck

I agree with this ^^^^ but THIS ^^^^ is utter sh!t. TS it would be more embarrassing to CM Punk if Sage had won...

Tell that to all of the fighters out there struggling to get into the UFC.
The problem is even if they get there they aren't really set...

They get 15/15 and like what 10k from reebok... probably better off headlining smaller shows on a monthly basis.

The problem is even if they get there they aren't really set...

They get 15/15 and like what 10k from reebok... probably better off headlining smaller shows on a monthly basis.

If they fight one time in the UFC, they make significantly more money if they return to smaller shows because they have it on their resume.

This used to be true, I'm assuming it still is.

If they fight one time in the UFC, they make significantly more money if they return to smaller shows because they have it on their resume.

This used to be true, I'm assuming it still is.
You are right, how many times does a card use former UFC fighter. I remember one said UFC veteran and it was some dude that fought once or twice. Hahaha

Sage fought the Punk got ran over and managed to look bad doing so, those kicks

The loss is less embarrassing for sure. So much so that it warrants consideration for another UFC opportunity. Because an argument can be made that he was booked against too strong an opponent for his first professional fight.

The WAY he loss, however, unfortunately, is not less embarrassing IMO.

Back