Is Chris Weidman #1 p4p, if not how long till he is?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by MajJ, May 14, 2014.

1. MajJ

MajJ Banned Banned

I made a different thread about Pettis and Aldo and p4p and the point was made that Weedman beat #1 twice and both times were stoppages

As much as I dislike him I appreciate his talent and if he gets by Machida theres no one out there to stop him from being #1 and even a runner for GOAT

Vitor- I hope he can kick CW's head into the 3rd row but he does have a history of breaking mentally against wrestlers so I'll take Weidman by sub or tko on the ground

Rockhold-CW would destroy him, better everywhere than Rockhold, the only factor would be size as Rockhold is bigger than CW (I think) who is a decent sized MW himself

Jacare- I think CW could take a decision and survive I'm his guard but he's always looking to finish so maybe he'll take a risk and get subbed but I doubt it, so CW by decision

Moose- if CW can survive against Anderson standing he can against Moose and can take him down without getting subbed

Carmont/Romaro/Feelapoo/other?- nobody else beats him really, so we may see a few rematches

He's poised for a Jones-esque run and this annoys me to admit it but he is going to be great. but I can't begin to predict if he'll beat Machida, that fight is 50/50 but it'd be foolish to count out the champ despite how good Machida has looked

2. Emjay

Emjay And again and again and again and ag.. zzzzzzzz

Rankings don't matter

3. countswagula

countswagula Gold Belt

No
    I don't think he'll ever have that consensus on his side

4. schwe30

schwe30 Black Belt

No. If he beats Shida, Vitor, and Jacare or Rockhold then he would be in the mix.

5. Sayomi

Sayomi Blue Belt

No. Doesn't matter who he beats at 185 because he's not passing Jones, Aldo, Barao, or Cain imo. If he gets past Belfort, Jacare, and machida I will be impressed and it would say alot about him. That being said, I can't see him doing it.

6. Fresh Burek

Fresh Burek Black Belt

Guy has only 11 wins and you're asking if he's P4P #1? At most he has only fought 3 top 10 guys in his weight division, so just the thought of considering him for #1 P4P is ridiculous. He has a long long way to go.

7. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Well if he beats Lyoto, Belfort, Bisping etc he will still be behind jones if jones beats Gus and Cormier plus his past accomplishments .

8. Mw is one of best divisions. If he finishes every contender he'll be im the p4p talk. Aftet lyoto his hardest fights will be behind him

9. Sayomi

Sayomi Blue Belt

Bisping really isn't a solid win. He never wins any contender fights. Kongo of the MW division.

10. Sayomi

Sayomi Blue Belt

So if he decisions one of them he isn't in the p4p talk? Great analogy bud.

11. BrazilianDude

BrazilianDude Gold Belt

Jones is #1 p4p and, unless he loses his belt, Weidman won't get higher than him in the ranking imo.

12. elzar

elzar Red Belt

so far he's beaten munoz, silva, and maia (who dropped down to WW)--now he needs to clear out the division. in other words he's a ways behind jones, gsp, aldo, barao and cain.

13. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Yeah I know . I was thinking of Jacare but couldn't remember his name for the life of me. I was just throwing out names. Basically Weidman is a long way from getting the #1 PFP ranking . His best bet would be jones, Aldo and Bararo losing .

14. elzar

elzar Red Belt

without clearing out his division and then moving up to beat jones (which i guess fits in with your first point--that jones would pretty much have to lose his belt).

anyway, jones really has cleared out the division. except maybe for gus (who he did beat) and cormier who just cut down. i can't think of anyone else worth talking about as a contender.

hell, jones cleared out a lot of the division just on the way up.

15. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

this isn't getting boring

16. cleber

cleber Blue Belt

no he is not #1 p4p

i don

17. Sosua

Sosua Yeah nah

When Jones loses.

Soon, hopefully.

18. BLAGA DARU**

BLAGA DARU** Blue Belt

Pretty much. Weidman has a long way to go before coming anywhere near Jones.

19. vry pwrful

vry pwrful Green Belt

Gus, Cormier, AJ

20. elzar

elzar Red Belt

i mentioned the first two. forgot about AJ. he looked pretty damned good against davis. he probably needs one or two more big win while jones defends against gus and DC (assuming he gets a shot).