Is Calderwood/Andrade, at 203, in effect #1 contender's?

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Kowalkiewicz may or may not get the title shot. But assuming she does. Who is even remotely close to it?

I know this is a time of weird booking. People fighting champions when coming off of a loss (Gustafsson).

Not including Calderwood/Andrade, there are only 5 other women in the top 15 coming off of a win. Throw in Herrig for an even 6.

The winner will undoubtedly move up at least 2 spots in the rankings and possibly more if either looks as good as she did in their last respective fights. I don't know who the winner of this fight can face who isn't a bit of a step down. I doubt either will just want to sit and wait for KK vs JJ :) Especially Andrade who has more UFC fights than any other woman besides Tate.

Moroz or Waterson maybe. Although the mma Gods don't seem to want the Karate Hottie to fight again.

Prior to KK beating Rose, Shelby said it was a horse race between KK vs Rose and JoJo vs Andrade and who has the best showing.

Personally I think they should book Joanna vs KK in New York like both fighters want and deserve. The winner of JoJo vs Andrade can have the next shot at Joanna. ;)

Prior to KK beating Rose, Shelby said it was a horse race between KK vs Rose and JoJo vs Andrade and who has the best showing.

Personally I think they should book Joanna vs KK in New York like both fighters want and deserve. The winner of JoJo vs Andrade can have the next shot at Joanna. ;)
Who knows if and when KK will face JJ. You think the female Cerrone (Andarde) will just sit for a year?

Man I like JoJo, but if Andrade blitzes her it might be a quick night. She was brutal against Penne, and JoJo doesn't seem to handle that kind of pressure too well.

That Moroz, Jojo, and Valerie triangle, though....

Andrade isn't really up there in terms of title shot material yet.

Are any of them really?

Letourneau just lost badly.

If she beats up JoJo she's right there though. Valerie is out after JoJo beat her down, and Moroz last fight was awful, and she lost to Valerie recently. It's gotta either be Kowaladsnksks or winner of JoJo/Andrade.

Who knows if and when KK will face JJ. You think the female Cerrone (Andarde) will just sit for a year?
Agreed we don't know when they will book the next title shot but we have a healthy champ and challenger who wants the fight and I think deserves it. Book it for New York I say and winner of JoJo vs Andrade can be ready to fill in or get the next shot.

KK and Rose were both ranked higher than Andrade and JoJo.

jojo is very overrated
giphy.gif
UrDXYFmd8Fzu0fCgBZJy-e4P0HmaXaPqBHpmV-KfFno.gif
8eQqot7.gif

I thought JJ vs. KK was, injuries aside, basically a sure thing at this point.

Leternou was trash in that fight. More concerned with her titties than the punches to her face.
Looks like she was more concerned with the one sided ass whooping she took lol. Sure there was a wardrobe malfunction but lets not get crazy and discredit Jojo she kicked her ass lol.

i have high hopes for her now that she changed weight classes.

that brutal beat down she gave penne was epic. and penne was just coming of that loss to jj for the belt. so this puts andrade in a good place.

I mean assuming those two fight next, who is after them?

More than half of the division are coming off of losses. And most of them aren't even signed for new fights, at least from what I can tell.

At Joanna or KK, you don't know who will win that match

KK should fight Joanna. The winner of Calderwood vs Andrade can have the next crack at the title.

After KK beat Rose she was moved up the rankings from #5 to #2 ... don't see how KK wouldn't be next. JoJo and Andrade are #6 and 7

Back