Is Cain Velasquez fighting Travis Browne or Ben Rothwell next?

orlandod

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
*Totally forgot Rothwell was already booked so that makes Cain vs Browne even more possible.

Now that Werdum vs Stipe is official, and almost every big name at HW is already fighting somebody or just fought recently, I wouldn't be surprised if any of those two matchups were announced. I also think Rothwell vs Browne is a possibility and I would be interested in it (Rothwell via gogo-choke in this case).

I'd prefer to see Velasquez beat the sh*t outta Travis and make a name off him, but maybe the UFC wants to derail Rothwell while getting Cain back to the win column with a victory over a serious contender and then get him to a title shot. Unfortunately for Rothwell, I think he loses against Velasquez again - I thought it was a BS stoppage too, but it was gonna end like that sometime.

As for me, I'd rather see Ben fight for the title already. Browne vs Cain is a fight a lot of people in here were very excited about when Travis fought Werdum in a #1 contender matchup. I think this is a good time to book it.

What do you guys think? Which matchups would u rather see for these guys?

Ben+Rothwell+Cain+Velasquez+UFC+104+Machida+KO9O0XbJF5Gl.jpg

Last edited:
Ummmm..... i just leave it at that.

He's working on getting high altitude matches banned worldwide

Well Rothwell is booked so....Browne would be the option.

That is if...you know, Cain can stay healthy which is a fight in of itself.

Depends in how long his layoff is. Could get reinjured getting out of bed.

Cain/Browne is an interesting and new match up... Also it'd be the first non-Brazilian Cain would be fighting since 2010. Put me down for something new.

Browne, and I got Cain via destruction no matter the altitude.

Is Cain available to fight now or is he still injured? Would love to see Cain beat the crap out of Travis.

What's Cains forecasted return time? It's possible some top level HW fights happen before then and he will get one depending on their outcome.

Obligatory terrible Cain/Rothwell stoppage gif

n15xf4.gif

If Cain fights Browne its going to be a beatdown. Browne has nothing for Cain

Obligatory terrible Cain/Rothwell stoppage gif

n15xf4.gif

It would be a 10-7 that second round, Rothwell was getting wrecked. The first was 10-8. So who cares about the stoppage.

I doubt it. When Cain recovers he will be next in line, fighting the winner of Werdum/Miocic.

I can't get up for potential Cain fights anymore I just assume they're not going to happen. I'm from San Jo I root for Cain it sucks. Just like Khabib ...

Make Cain vs Brown or Cain vs winner of Andre vs Reem? For next title

probably Browne. but I'm sure Cain will get injured yet again, he barely ever fights.

It would be a 10-7 that second round, Rothwell was getting wrecked. The first was 10-8. So who cares about the stoppage.
It's comical more than anything. Rothwell was indeed getting wrecked.

*Totally forgot Rothwell was already booked so that makes Cain vs Browne even more possible.

Now that Werdum vs Stipe is official, and almost every big name at HW is already fighting somebody or just fought recently, I wouldn't be surprised if any of those two matchups were announced. I also think Rothwell vs Browne is a possibility and I would be interested in it (Rothwell via gogo-choke in this case).

I'd prefer to see Velasquez beat the sh*t outta Travis and make a name off him, but maybe the UFC wants to derail Rothwell while getting Cain back to the win column with a victory over a serious contender and then get him to a title shot. Unfortunately for Rothwell, I think he loses against Velasquez again - I thought it was a BS stoppage too, but it was gonna end like that sometime.

As for me, I'd rather see Ben fight for the title already. Browne vs Cain is a fight a lot of people in here were very excited about when Travis fought Werdum in a #1 contender matchup. I think this is a good time to book it.

What do you guys think? Which matchups would u rather see for these guys?
Yeah, Cain should totally make a name for himself.

How about Jones vs. Cain after he dusts off his boy DC and moves up to HW? The UFC probably isn't that happy with Cain at the moment so it could happen. But the UFC being the UFC and 2016 the year of weird matchups, Cain will probaby fight the winner of Werdum-Miocic while they'll let Rothwell and Overeem fight eachther again.

Back