Law Is C-19 an appropriate reason for Police to roll out new drone technology to monitor the public?

Amerikuracana

Life allows the illusion of relativity
Banned
Reaction score
https://wkzo.com/news/articles/2020...sing-drones-to-help-policing-efforts/1008865/

So some Police departments are hooking up loud speakers and cameras to drones to monitor gatherings and give instructions. Seems like police technology is always moving in one direction to me, and that we need to start resisting a little. The fact that civil forfeiture hasn't been crushed via whatever means necessary kind of worries me, for example, and it just keeps going. It will keep going. We can't even get equal rights in child care and custody for men etc...

So not that the wannabe above-the-law crew worries about what the public thinks anymore, but shouldn't we worry about this technology being used is a dystopian way like this like we all kind of knew it would?

Obviously these things will be looking into back-yards, at a minimum.

Last edited:
I feel like this road always leads to some kind of AI/time-travel type thing, so im in support of it for the long term benefit even if we have to some some short term sacrifices

Y'all like skeet shooting?

iu

It's inevitable.....You really think as tech keeps improving, as quantum computing becomes a reality, that the Police won't use drones?

Drones will be used because of efficiency/convenience alone.

maxresdefault.jpg

Does this mean that we will live in some police state like you're implying.....Not necessarily IMO...and this was going to happen regardless of covid-19.

You have to give somebody a chance to say yes.

Political brain is creating some real weird thinking patterns, and I have a former law professor I'm "friends" with on social media that would 100% attempt to make fun of any white male that opposed this, especially if Governor Whitmer expressly supported it, because it'a always and only "Us v Them."

It's inevitable.....You really think as tech keeps improving, as quantum computing becomes a reality, that the Police won't use drones?

Drones will be used because of efficiency/convenience alone.

maxresdefault.jpg

Does this mean that we will live in some police state like you're implying.....Not necessarily IMO...and this was going to happen regardless of covid-19.
Going to happen because power consolidation and a police state is inevitable? Maybe it's not.

The government will never let a good tragedy go to waste. Ever. There's plenty of events over the years that have led people to give up freedom

Going to happen because power consolidation and a police state is inevitable? Maybe it's not.

You really think as tech improves and becomes way better....Police won't?.....I can just imagine the criminal weapons/criminal ways in the future which will evolve because of tech...This eventually will lead to drones being used to counter such future criminals IMO.

Also Power Consolidation?Police State? Most of the population is full of good citizens, "they" already have control, "they" had it for a long time...drones aren't the gamechanger like you're implying....I mean when most of the population carries a cellphone which the government can access, a drone simply doesnt compare in terms of "monitoring".

They said it was for my safety so I'm fine with it. You must hate the elderly and people with pre-existing conditions.

Pretty sure law enforcement been using drones for years.
This cant be new.

Police would never abuse their powers, they’re genuinely worried about our health.

Do we really want to live in a society where flying robots follow you around and harass you ?

No, no we don't.

Do we really want to live in a society where flying robots follow you around and harass you ?

No, no we don't.
In Belgium, they used drones with thermal imaging lenses to track down people who went to their second house at the coast. Corona measures dictated you were not allowed to travel. As far as I’m concerned you can just as well isolate yourself in your vacation home, and even if they couldn’t... really, scan them with flying robots?

That’s way too fascistic smelling for it to be a coincidence.

Back