Is Buster Douglas the weakest "big belt holder" of all time?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He appeared to be the weakest crowned World Champion ever at the time he won it from Tyson considering the betting odds or would I be wrong about that? How about later? It also seems that was the only great fight he had.

He appeared to be the weakest crowned World Champion ever at the time he won it from Tyson considering the betting odds or would I be wrong about that? How about later? It also seems that was the only great fight he had.
Everyones gonna say Charles Martin.
But ill pick Francois Botha if we are counting him, since he won against Schulz but then it was ruled a NC.
So if he counts its him by far.
You can also add in guys like Siarhei Liakhovich in there as well

Last edited:
I don't know but "Buster" is the weakest nickname of all time.

Tommy Burns was infamously terrible. Catastrophically bad.

Maybe if you want to say weakest undisputed champion ever. Modern era(3 or 4 belts)

Maybe if you want to say weakest undisputed champion ever. Modern era(3 or 4 belts)
I'd take Douglas over multiple title holders of the 2000s.

I'd take Douglas over multiple title holders of the 2000s.
I mean there hasn’t been an undisputed champion since Lennox, so unless you’re saying him, which is wack, then idk. How many other even 3 belt holders were there since then, Wlad? Which surely you wouldn’t pick buster over.

If you mean single belt holders, then sure, perhaps

I mean there hasn’t been an undisputed champion since Lennox, so unless you’re saying him, which is wack, then idk. How many other even 3 belt holders were there since then, Wlad? Which surely you wouldn’t pick buster over.

The thread is about belt holders. You're shitting it up with the undisputed talk. It's not the topic.

The thread is about belt holders. You're shitting it up with the undisputed talk. It's not the topic.
It’s relevant since Buster was a weak title holder and also an undisputed champion

Does Botha count since he pissed hot after his win?
If he doesnt then I listed Siarhei Liakhovich.
Heres the list of all HW champs for people to see
BoxChamps2012.02.png

Everyones gonna say Charles Martin.
But ill pick Francois Botha if we are counting him, since he won against Schulz but then it was ruled a NC.
So if he counts its him by far.
You can also add in guys like Siarhei Liakhovich in there as well
Liakovich had some legitimate wins and was involved in a few very good fights though.

It’s relevant since Buster was a weak title holder and also an undisputed champion
Then he still wouldn't be worst undisputed all time. It's still someone like Burns.

How about IBO champ James Thunder?
https://boxrec.com/en/proboxer/5029
That's a pretty good one but he wasn't that bad....he had some wins against former world champs there

He just fell off and hung on too long or else he wouldn't look bad imo....certainly a candidate for this thread in context though

Back