Is breakfast sausage superior to bacon?

Only thing that makes breakfast sausage good is cooking it in the leftover bacon grease...

Yea, I'm not a huge fan of it but was thinking of what there was as a halal option...
I can't even tell because I been eating it for a few years. Maybe I will ask when the Mexican guy is working the grill. I heard at some spots they hire non Muslim workers and they can work the grill using real bacon.

Last edited:
That shit will kill you. I actually eat chicken sausage breakfast patties and they are pretty good in an omelette.

I think we like bacon because of pork lobbying. That other white meat campaign didn't really take. I don't think we are into porkchops etc etc. Our bacon is pork belly that has been thinly sliced. My area is weird though. The people who do breakfast foods nearby are Muslim immigrants. I suspect they use beef bacon because it looks different than the bacon I get from italian deli.

Poor people couldn't afford the better cuts of meat so they were left to eat the undesirable belly fat. I've never liked bacon.

Breakfast sausage is also made with a lot of fatty meat depending on the brand but it also contains better meat and much of that fat can be cooked out of it.

I don't really like breakfast sausage. I do like a good thick cut bacon with a proper amount of chew and crunch . I prefer ham over both though

Poor people couldn't afford the better cuts of meat so they were left to eat the undesirable belly fat. I've never liked bacon.

Breakfast sausage is also made with a lot of fatty meat depending on the brand but it also contains better meat and much of that fat can be cooked out of it.
Honestly bacon wasn't a big thing in the until late 90s? Something changed and it became bacon everything. I don't remember seeing bacon burgers as much when I was a little kid in the early 90s.

Wood eat both but sausage is indeed better.

Both taste good, but also the type of bacon or sausage a restaurant serves is a huge deciding factor of what I decide to choose. With that being said I seldom eat either. I eat some type of breakfast processed meat about once per week on average and it's usually very small portions unless I'm on vacation eating out.

I never understood why bacon is so beloved. Maybe I haven't had a good one so I'm not discrediting it yet.

Smoked english bacon can be amazing but most other bacon is very overrated...

Honestly bacon wasn't a big thing in the until late 90s? Something changed and it became bacon everything. I don't remember seeing bacon burgers as much when I was a little kid in the early 90s.

You must have led a sheltered life. Bacon has been a staple for breakfast for well over 300 years. There was a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich in a 1903 cookbook.
in Ebenezer Cooke's 1708 poem The Sot-Weed Factor, a satire of life in early colonial America, the narrator already complains that practically all the food in America was bacon-infused.
The birthplace of the bacon cheeseburger, A&W in Lansing. One day, Mulder looked at a cheeseburger and had an idea. "I thought it absolutely (would) be better with bacon," Mulder said. So, in 1963, the bacon cheeseburger was born, forever changing burgers.

Carl's Jr has had a bacon burger since the mid 80s. Burger King has had the bacon double cheeseburger since 1982.

When i am at a restaurant i get sausage when i am home i cook bacon. I do love me a good Brekkie!

You must have led a sheltered life. Bacon has been a staple for breakfast for well over 300 years. There was a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich in a 1903 cookbook.

Carl's Jr has had a bacon burger since the mid 80s. Burger King has had the bacon double cheeseburger since 1982.
You are bullshitting. You know damn well 1 or 2 places having a limited time offer in the 80s is not the bacon boom. Every place has a bacon option now. Wendy's has baconator. When did restaurants start having an add bacon option to their menu?

Bacon soda and bacon exists as topping on donuts now. Bacon sex lubricant is another one of those weird shit that came from America's obsession with bacon. Bacon went from just breakfast food or on a cobb salad to something much more.

why-not-both-why-not.gif

Yes

And while your at it, dont ever post British breakfasts or food in here. They're ban from the kitchen.

I just bought Spam that either has bacon in it or is bacon flavored. Never saw this variant before.

It depends on what type of sausage. Our selection of sausages is dog shit in American supermarkets. We got a billion hotdogs brands but very little sausages. American bacon is superior to British and Canadian bacon though.

The round breakfast sausages are the worst.

You need to go to better grocery stores, or find a local sausage maker, or make your own. It ain’t hard.

Back