Is boxing industry more mature than MMA industry?

ijngf

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Please tell me your thoughts about this.

Far more mature in terms of a sport, I don't really think boxing tactics have changed much for a long time, MMA is still evolving as a sport generally. Boxing has also got a far deeper talent pool because it's been around for so much longer.

Every industry is ahead

The fact that MMA fans are so upset over what Stephen A Smith said shows how sensitive and in the dark MMA still is compared to the big leagues

Almost every other major league sports has the same type of reporting when someone performs like that.

NFL, NBA, even WNBA, you name it. Tom Brady does bad one game, the media will crucify him. Its a proven formula thats been working for decades.

Almost everyone on Sherdog was saying the same thing Stephen was saying, but because he's an outsider everyone got mad. Its like MMA fans want to stay in small niche groups and never want the sport to grow.

This sport is and its fans are still stuck in 2007

Last edited:
Yes, but it's to be expected. It's been around a lot longer. Boxing fans are way worse than MMA fans, though.

The first professional boxing organization began in the late 1800's, while the first professional MMA organization began in the late 1900's. So yeah, you do the math.

Far more mature in terms of a sport, I don't really think boxing tactics have changed much for a long time, MMA is still evolving as a sport generally. Boxing has also got a far deeper talent pool because it's been around for so much longer.
I think Boxing has regressed a little bit.

The fans for sure. MMA fans act like they're 12 yrs old and literally cry about EVERYTHING.

But as the sport, no, boxing is corrupt as fuck and there is no maturity in that

If anyone genuinely believes the fans are better, go look at the Boxingscene comments. Everything that MMA fans are today, boxing fans were 20 years ago. And they've had a lot more practice.

Back