Is Bloodsport the best American made martial arts movie or is it Enter the Dragon?

Enter the dragon is fucking garbage.

BLOODSPORT

KICKBOXER

BEST OF THE BEST

AMAZING!

There are other notables such as Kickboxer and Best of the Best.
If those two movies are seriously your choices for best American made martial arts movie, then America can't make martial arts movies for shit.
Both films are actually awful imo. Enter the dragon had a RIDICULOUS story, that could only be feasible in a child's imagination. Bruce Lees acting was terrible. There is actually nothing about that film that makes it good apart from the fact the legend Bruce Lee is in it and died before it came out.

Bloodsport. Great for nostalgia, I loved that film from when it first came out. Have watched it many many times. But damn it hasn't aged well.

Now how the hell do those two films better the likes of Kill Bill in any way whatsoever?

certainly the most memorable/most people's favorites namely b/c of the tourney format

but i think others such as Perfect Weapon and RapidFire deserve serious mention

I liked Speakman's kenpo style. What's that shit called? Like E.Honda's thousand handy thing.

Showdown in Little Tokyo was a better role and movie for both Brandon Lee and Dolph Lundgren than almost all of either's careers

If those two movies are seriously your choices for best American made martial arts movie, then America can't make martial arts movies for shit.
Both films are actually awful imo. Enter the dragon had a RIDICULOUS story, that could only be feasible in a child's imagination. Bruce Lees acting was terrible. There is actually nothing about that film that makes it good apart from the fact the legend Bruce Lee is in it and died before it came out.

Bloodsport. Great for nostalgia, I loved that film from when it first came out. Have watched it many many times. But damn it hasn't aged well.

Now how the hell do those two films better the likes of Kill Bill in any way whatsoever?

Kill bill with the average looking blonde chick who digs herself out of her own grave... much wow. Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport are better just because of JCVD and Bruce Lee and no other reasons are needed. And i like kill bill

Last edited:
It's Enter The Dragon.

Because it was the pioneer, it laid the blueprint for Bloodsport and other martial arts flicks, and it had FAR greater talent in Bruce Lee (not that Van Damme wasn't awesome, he was. But he wasn't Bruce Lee.)
And it's largely responsible for the martial arts wave that hit America in the coming years. That's still being felt today.

That being said, Bloodsport is technically a better film. But it was made like 15-20 years later, back when that made a HUGE difference in cinema. I like to think of Bloodsport as the greatest homage to Enter The Dragon, to date.

Last edited:
Man, my family's favorite movie was Bloodsport when I was little. We watched that shit multiple times. Even at a friend's house. It was the shit. Maybe the Kumite song maxed out its potential, though.

Enter the Dragon was before my time, so I don't know if it got a fair shake. Did like it as a kid, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the makers of Street Fighter 2 took inspiration from Bloodsport in making the game.
I've had that same thought, too.

aa7850a22a7aac6a19cadf67b6f9aadd.jpg

I think that guy in Bloodsport is Jean Charles Skarbowsky
You mean Paco?

Last edited:

Neither have aged well at all.

Rocky is a great martial arts film lol

Aren’t you forgetting about American Ninja? And American Ninja 2? And American Ninja 3?
Not forgetting, and tbh they are so dope as well as a bunch of others but for me those I listed are my favs

Kill bill with the average looking blonde chick who digs herself out of her own grave... much wow. Enter the Dragon and Bloodsport are better just because of JCVD and Bruce Lee and no other reasons are needed. And i like kill bill

That's a silly reason but if that's what you tell yourself, then fine.
JCVD could never and will never be able to act. I mean, his highest profile role was probably universal soldier. How much does that ever get talked about nowadays?
Bruce Lee..... Oh dear where do I start. Apart from being just one of the first to appeal to the western world, and kind of starting something off, Bruce Lee is so overhyped and over credited with being some kind of mma and movie overlord. He was a terrible actor. That is where is stops. No one has any concrete evidence he was actually as good at martial arts as people try to claim. His fans defend him more out of loyalty than anything else. Like religious nuts, don't need reasoning, they just believe what they believe because that's what they've been brought up believing. Bruce Lee movies are fucking AWFUL. The least awful, was enter the dragon. But even that as a standalone film, is still awful. Stupid dumbass storyline, thought up by an immature adult who always dreamed of being the toughest guy around.
All Bruce Lee films have the same stupid plot. Quiet, righteous Chinese guy, just wants to be peaceful. He wants what's right. Until someone pushed him too far, he then had to use his mystical fighting skills, his amazing kung fu, to sort out the worlds problems.

Sorry, none of those stinking piles of dogshit movies stack up to the likes of kill Bill.

The GOAT American martial arts movie has both Van Damme and Bruce Lee.

Back