Is Bloodsport the best American made martial arts movie or is it Enter the Dragon?

Probably the weirdest martial.arts concept of that era!

Suck on my pommel horse skills, you literal peasants!

tenor.gif
Maybe he meant Ken Block's legendary action.

Both TS's movie suggestions are great .. I would go Enter the Dragon over Bloodsport, but that's because I love John Saxon (no homo)

Top of my list for great kung-fu movies is probably Police Story

Also movies like Shogun Assassin and Baby Cart Series are great ..

AND Run Run Shaw Chambers Series with Gordon Liu is a masterful series of movies..

Shit man .. im gonna have a Kung Fu fest tonight ..

Sammo Hung - Encounters of a Spooky kind ..

what about the movie w/ the most rando martial arts inclusion?

I'd argue, and it's not even remotely close, it's Brotherhood of the Wolf/La Pacte des Loups

even crazier is Dacascos' character is supposed to be Native/First Nations yet he's a TMA badass hahaha

dope movie though

edit: shit, totally forgot about The Musketeer, w/ Justin Chambers, choreo'd by Xin Xin Xiong

Probably the weirdest martial.arts concept of that era!

Suck on my pommel horse skills, you literal peasants!

tenor.gif
I heard that it helped to inspire Resident Evil 4.

Return of the Dragon because it was the first and only time Chuck Norris ever loss and the reason why he leveled up and became so OP.
upload_2020-1-17_11-59-32.jpeg

I love enter the dragon. It's an absolute classic and deserves respect for laying the blueprint of how to create a successful martial arts film. Bloodsport was a great successor in that formula of some of the best fighters being gathered for a secret tournament. Both movies were even inspiration for the game Mortal Kombat.

Enter will and should always be regarded as the greatest martial arts movie of all time, even if only for that final battle with Bruce against everyone, and then the showdown with the boss in the room of mirrors. Epic.

I really don't think some people understand just how important that film was to the future of martial arts, how many people it inspired to open up academys or just join em, and how it revolutionized that genre of film.

surprised nobody has mentioned Only the Strong thus far

I'd rate that above say Best of the Best for the simple fact that Dacascos is 209080807087808077x more capable of a TMA than Sean Penn and Eric Roberts haha

Also, anybody seen this teen TMA movie, A Dangerous Place? with way better fights than Karate Kid or god forbid 3 Ninjas, yet it also Corey Feldmen as a bad guy and his bad guy sensei is the dude who's throat Swayze rips out from Road House
View attachment 711921

As a Kajukenbo Kempo black belt, I trace my martial arts lineage back to Mark's dad, Al Dacascos. My coach's coach trained directly under Al Dacascos.

what about the movie w/ the most rando martial arts inclusion?

I'd argue, and it's not even remotely close, it's Brotherhood of the Wolf/La Pacte des Loups

even crazier is Dacascos' character is supposed to be Native/First Nations yet he's a TMA badass hahaha

dope movie though

edit: shit, totally forgot about The Musketeer, w/ Justin Chambers, choreo'd by Xin Xin Xiong

BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF is a very underrated film. I just wish it were available on Blu-ray here in the States. Unfortunately, it's not so I have to still make do with my three-disc DVD special edition every time that I want to watch it.
But, yeah, the use of Dacascos's martial arts is pretty damn random but it works so well in the context of the movie. I love it. :D

Bloodsport was my favorite movie as kid

Still the Quest own It in every way

Cooler fights
Much more fighters and martial arts
Much cooler setting
Better Street Fighter style cast
Mongolian dude fuck up Chong Li

Kinda missed watching Bloodspor back in the day.

Top 3 for me is

American Ninja
Best of the Best
Kickboxer

that palm strike Van Damme does in Bloodsport. I remember getting so hyped off of watching that movie, I broke our closet doors practicing that strike over & over. my dad got so pissed hahaha

Back