Is Black Beast The #1 Heavyweight In The World?

Like his heart good power but I don't think he is #1 personally. He needs to.worl on takedowns for one thing.

If black beast somehow wins the title, it's a joke. A guy like mark hunt matches up great with him as bad as that sounds

Cant wait for the UFCs #1 HW and Bellators #1 HW go at it. I wonder if Chael will be able to beat the black beast.

Ranked #1, has won 9 of his last 10 fights.
No one can call him a gatekeeper anymore considering he just beat 2 top 3 Heavyweights in his last 2 fights. Maybe he could catch DC and become the champ

Notable Wins: Volkov, Ngannou, Browne, Nelson and Gonzaga
The Tybura win was solid, too! Tybura is a tough opponent.

By definition of sport, he technically is. He has the volume of wins needed for it. But yeah, there's definitely a couple guys I can name that I think are just better than him and beat him more often than not. Volkov is one of those guys, but the result ultimately dictates that Beast gets the ranking nod on him due to strength of schedule.

one lazy left knee does not a number one contender make. should rematch volkov
Ha! Volkov should have ducked that howitzer of a right hand that Derrick threw. Or he should have blocked the subsequent ground ‘n pound that Derrick finished the deal with.
Derrick won that fight; Volkov lost, fair and square. The final result means more than what occurred prior, at least in terms of rankings and records.

I guess you could end up saying he is from him winning fights..but his fight before this one he had said he literally doesn't know how to takedowns lol..he's not that skilled he's not some talented striker or grappler. Just a heavyweight that can take some shots. He's a sad number 1 if he is. The fight he just won yeah I get it he won the fight that's all that matters but he got lit up with shots the whole fight basically was getting outclassed completely just decided he was alright with brain damage and stuck around to get a late ko.

I think the UFC should copy Bellator and do a fucking HW tourny next year if DC ends up retiring as the champ. The belt would be up for grabs and from a sport/rankings perspective it makes sense plus it would be pretty bad ass. Stipe, Lewis, Blades, Ngannou, JDS, Tuivasa, Overeem, Volkov, maybe Brock. What you guys think?

Back