Is BJJ still relevant in modern MMA (Blog post)

You read WAY too much into what @fourfif said.

thanks for responding to dude, there was no way I was going to give up 3-4 minutes of my time trying to justify a position I didn't take or shit I didn't say.

and I'm far from a bjj rah rah artist, everyone in here knows that, but heck I would go as far as to say in a sense that win was a W for bjj. it doesn't get much more bjj than a triangle off your back.

thanks for responding to dude, there was no way I was going to give up 3-4 minutes of my time trying to justify a position I didn't take or shit I didn't say.

and I'm far from a bjj rah rah artist, everyone in here knows that, but heck I would go as far as to say in a sense that win was a W for bjj. it doesn't get much more bjj than a triangle off your back.

I was gonna even add that you are into Judo and other stuff, but I didn't even feel like it mattered. Dude totally was reaching with what he said.

Cool article, other posts were interesting as well, thanks!

great article
i agree with your points
bjj is nowhere near the secret weapon guaranteed to win fights, but crucial for every fighter, regardless of style.

but btw you misspelled frate train.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

Oh, man. WTF is "frate"?

agreed.

no sarcasm.

go back to the old ufc and see bjj guys clean house against guys who did not train bjj.

/eot

Why is everyone being an asshole and commenting on the blog negatively without even reading it?
Is this forum turning into the heavies?
He is actually on BJJ's side and makes some pretty good points.

Don't say you disagree and then make a statement that actually agrees with what he had to say, just because you are too lazy to read his blog.

needs sources. who are these people claiming that bjj is obsolete and what are their arguments? without this, you really don't have much of an argument to make.

BJJ or at least BJJ defense(which obviously requires knowledge) is pretty much standard nowadays

Sure you'll have guys that are pure strikers or do absolutely no BJJ or newaza of any kind except wrestling but they have a gaping hole in their game waiting to be exploited.

The bold part is true for all purists coming into MMA

T/S is right BJJ isn't relevant anymore :rolleyes:

Jesus....

You wanna try reading it before you respond with 50 thousand GIFs... He's agreeing with you guy!

This isn't the heavyweight forum. Try reading things first! Don't just respond to thread titles.

Jesus....

You wanna try reading it before you respond with 50 thousand GIFs... He's agreeing with you guy!

This isn't the heavyweight forum. Try reading things first! Don't just respond to thread titles.

lol and you can't even COUNT.. I posted 5 GIFs NOT 50..

you fail Dubs

Back