Is Benson regretting his move after tonight?

Talk about revisionist history, here's your OP:

Not exactly the same as asking "is he rethinking his decison", is it?

Are you going to go trash Overeem for signing with an org that just promoted a fight featuring a photographer, who isn't even a fighter? i doubt it.

So you're arguing that you know enough about Bendo to say he should be embarrassed for going to Bellator.. well fill us in, why did he choose Bellator, how much money is he making, what other perks did they offer him?
You really are daft, huh? If anybody here is using revisionist history it is you.

Read the title of the thread - that is clearly asking others opinions on what they think on the subject. I then gave MY opinion on how I (me, not benson) would feel; using that as a reflection on how I think benson MAY feel.

By the way, Overeem signed with the UFC again...

You are a weird, sad, man.

You really are daft, huh? If anybody here is using revisionist history it is you.

Read the title of the thread - that is clearly asking others opinions on what they think on the subject. I then gave MY opinion on how I (me, not benson) would feel; using that as a reflection on how I think benson MAY feel.

By the way, Overeem signed with the UFC again...

You are a weird, sad, man.

Don't judge a book (or thread) by the it's cover/title. Judge it by it's content. And your content was bashing Bendo by saying he should be embarrassed for signing with Bellator, who you claim is a joke because of last night.

No shit, Overeem signed with the UFC. Reading comprehension? He signed to an org that just promoted a fight between a 1-0 fighter vs a photographer that doesn't train MMA, and the winner gets to fight a WWE wrestler with no MMA experience... Why aren't you claiming Overeem should be embarrassed for signing with a "joke" of an org that puts on fights like that?

All fighters should be embarrassed by your standards, so why are you singling Bellator and Bendo out?

Don't judge a book (or thread) by the it's cover/title. Judge it by it's content. And your content was bashing Bendo by saying he should be embarrassed for signing with Bellator, who you claim is a joke because of last night.

No shit, Overeem signed with the UFC. Reading comprehension? He signed to an org that just promoted a fight between a 1-0 fighter vs a photographer that doesn't train MMA, and the winner gets to fight a WWE wrestler with no MMA experience... Why aren't you claiming Overeem should be embarrassed for signing with a "joke" of an org that puts on fights like that?

All fighters should be embarrassed by your standards, so why are you singling Bellator and Bendo out?

Again, the content explained how I would feel, not how Bendo does. You're associating aggravated feelings towards a situation to what I stated, even though they aren't related in the sense you are trying to make them seem. Also, the UFC doesn't have a history of putting on freakshow fights in recent history, let alone push them as main/co-mains, and does often times hire inexperienced fighters in hopes that they will grow into major prospects. You are clearly failing to see the differences here, turning a blind eye to anything that doesn't support your claims, and that makes having a conversation with you pointless.

Again, the content explained how I would feel, not how Bendo does. You're associating aggravated feelings towards a situation to what I stated, even though they aren't related in the sense you are trying to make them seem. Also, the UFC doesn't have a history of putting on freakshow fights in recent history, let alone push them as main/co-mains, and does often times hire inexperienced fighters in hopes that they will grow into major prospects. You are clearly failing to see the differences here, turning a blind eye to anything that doesn't support your claims, and that makes having a conversation with you pointless.

Lmao at trying to act like UFC signed Mike Jackson in the hopes he would turn into a major prospect. He said it himself, it was a "massive troll job by the UFC"

But I'm the one turning a blind eye...

If Bellator is a joke for putting on Kimbo vs. Dada, then so is the UFC for doing Mike Jackson vs. Mickey Gall. It wasn't the main event, but they did make a TV/web series about it.

If you can't see the difference between "needing to promote certain fighters to survive" and "promoting bums for money, even though you have the vast majority of the talent" then I don't know what to say

Lmao at trying to act like UFC signed Mike Jackson in the hopes he would turn into a major prospect. He said it himself, it was a "massive troll job by the UFC"

But I'm the one turning a blind eye...

If Bellator is a joke for putting on Kimbo vs. Dada, then so is the UFC for doing Mike Jackson vs. Mickey Gall. It wasn't the main event, but they did make a TV/web series about it.

If you can't see the difference between "needing to promote certain fighters to survive" and "promoting bums for money, even though you have the vast majority of the talent" then I don't know what to say
You do realize that the show is to find young, unknown, prospects, and not about the Jackson/Gall fight, right? The show which also gave us the likes of Sage Northcutt. I also don't see how Jackson can call it a troll job when is opponent was 1-0; jackson did agree to the fight, after all. That's simply damage control - dude wasn't happy he lost so he's got to make excuses.

If you also can't see that a promotion "needing to promote certain fighters to survive", when those fighters are wanna be youtube star street fighters with no gas tank, is a joke of a promotion, then I truly would like to know what would make a promotion a joke in your eyes?

You do realize that the show is to find young, unknown, prospects, and not about the Jackson/Gall fight, right? The show which also gave us the likes of Sage Northcutt. I also don't see how Jackson can call it a troll job when is opponent was 1-0; jackson did agree to the fight, after all. That's simply damage control - dude wasn't happy he lost so he's got to make excuses.

If you also can't see that a promotion "needing to promote certain fighters to survive", when those fighters are wanna be youtube star street fighters with no gas tank, is a joke of a promotion, then I truly would like to know what would make a promotion a joke in your eyes?

The show started after Sage was signed. Sage is a pretty much a joke imo, most over-rated fighter of all time.

Mike Jackson said it was a troll job before the fight happened.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/3...oes-through-mike-jackson-who-thinks-the-whole

UFC promoted Kimbo too, he was the only fighter on TUF that didn't have to stay in the house. TUF fighters have missed out on the death of their parents and stuff like that before, to prove their dedication to the UFC. Zuffa gave Kimbo a golden pass, he didn't have to sacrifice anything. If you're going to say Bellator is a joke, then you should admit that UFC is one also. I don't think either promotions are a joke, they just have dumb fans.

I give Coker credit because he turned down Kimbo when he was running Strikeforce, he proved he wants to be legit, Bellators just not in a position to be legit atm. UFC (imo) has no excuses for promoting Sage, Jackson and Gall the way they are, especially Jackson.

Viacom is worse than Zuffa, but Coker is legit, and he's trying to turn Bellator into a real promotion, he just needs to secure a fan-base first, which is why Viacom forces him to promote guys like Kimbo.

Hell no he doesn't regret it. Easier fights with a bigger contract. I was surprised to hear he's fighting at welterweight instead of lightweight. Last night was one card. I am the one with the regrets for watching it.

Back