Is Benson regretting his move after tonight?

How do you know he got a raise? What if this is only beneficial to him should he win the title fight? What if he loses?

I know I would rather be associated with a better company, than jumping ship to a lesser one, while possibly on the decline of my career - especially from a fans standpoint where we don't know exactly what financial ups/downs may be in play. I'd be embarrased to be a part of a company who's largest event only did (I could be wrong) roughly 150K buys. I would be embarrassed to consider myself a 'top fighter' who goes down to a lesser league in order to feel more confident. This simply does not happen in other sports; you could say money is a factor, but again we do not know exactly what kind of factor it is, or how much of a risk he took.

Finally, do not judge me. You sound stupid and insecure judging somebody who you know nothing about. I'm an electrical designer and would most definitely consider myself successful.

Bingo, so stop judging Bendo and his contract, when you know nothing about it

mirror.png

Thats' a mirror, take a look in it.

It's not embarrassing for Bendo, it's embarrassing for the UFC. They're so cheap that they lose top fighters to the "minor-leagues"

Why would he?
He wanted a change he got it.
Also Bellator will start with kickboxing and Bendo want to try that too.
He will get paid no matter what. I am sure he is happy.
He had no part in Kimbo vs Dada so I am sure he is sleeping good all night long

I don't follow bellator the same way I follow the ufc but their upcoming cards are all pretty good.

They have some really good fights and some really good fighters. I'm not anti-Bellator. But they really seem to be falling apart a little bit. And yes, every MMA promotion has had freak show fights, but let's not pretend that the UFC signing CM Punk is the same as consistently having freak show fights as your main event.

If his heart is set on creating a great legacy, he might regret the move. If he is trying to make as much money as he can, then he is pleased that Bellator is probably making its biggest ratings ever.

no way, hes getting payed
Out of hundreds of fights, you can cherry pick a few examples like that from the UFC. However, freak shows are the modus operandi for Bellator.
theyre trying to be more popular, it is what it is

and the ufc that is already big has a joke of a fighter (?) like cm punk, thats even worse

i think kimbo they werent really expecting the fight to play out like this. coker and co probably thuoght the fight was gonna be a brawl but kimbo fucked their plans up, haha

i think kimbo can put an interesting fight with wand for example, he wanted to fight him and wanderlei is a guy that kimbo wont be able to take him down, and im quite sure wanderlei wouldnt take him down either, with a brawl finally happening and kimbo getting starched in the first round

They have some really good fights and some really good fighters. I'm not anti-Bellator. But they really seem to be falling apart a little bit. And yes, every MMA promotion has had freak show fights, but let's not pretend that the UFC signing CM Punk is the same as consistently having freak show fights as your main event.

It's much worse imo. UFC is making shit-loads of money. They don't need CM Punk at all. Bellator puts on freak-show fights to survive, UFC does it because they're greedy.

Bellator tried the legit model for years. They had tournaments to decide #1 contenders. They wanted nothing to do with freakshows... and the ratings sucked, I don't even know if they were making money.

So they switch to freakshows and everyone watches, then complains that they're not legit... well, those fans should've watched when it was legit, then Bellator wouldn't have had to resort to these kind of fights for ratings.

Also, Coker was in charge of Strikeforce when they bought EliteXC, he brought over Diaz and Lawler, but he let Kimbo walk... because he doesn't do freak-show fights like that unless he has to.

They did push him really hard in that promo after the fights. He's clearly one of their marquee fighters.

I think he feels better about his skill set, actually.

The really sad fact of the matter is that Bellator will probably have better ratings with a Kimbo fight than a Benson fight...

Absolutely- The fights last night were entertaining. The best worst fights of all time. I think the ratings will be good when they come out.

The guy starting a family, I think he cares about making money.

Benson just had a baby in 2015 and now he is getting guaranteed money upfront. He's putting his family first.

If benson thought he could be a champ in the UFC again he would've resigned. He knows he's not at that level anymore.

It's much worse imo. UFC is making shit-loads of money. They don't need CM Punk at all. Bellator puts on freak-show fights to survive, UFC does it because they're greedy.

Bellator tried the legit model for years. They had tournaments to decide #1 contenders. They wanted nothing to do with freakshows... and the ratings sucked, I don't even know if they were making money.

So they switch to freakshows and everyone watches, then complains that they're not legit... well, those fans should've watched when it was legit, then Bellator wouldn't have had to resort to these kind of fights for ratings.

Also, Coker was in charge of Strikeforce when they bought EliteXC, he brought over Diaz and Lawler, but he let Kimbo walk... because he doesn't do freak-show fights like that unless he has to.

So your argument is that it is the fans' fault? Lol. First of all, to even make that argument, you'd need to delve into Bellator's numbers under Rebney and under Coker. Second, to make that argument is admitting that Bellator is less legit under Coker.

As far as Coker not signing Kimbo when he was with Elite XC, it's possible he was priced too high at that time for what Coker thought his drawing value was. He was the face of EliteXC after all. It's also possible it wasn't entirely Coker's call then or now.

The revisionist history about Bellator now's funny.
The 16 Bellator events of 2015 were headlined 11 times by a title fight or a title-eliminator, four times by a contender's fight, and once with a "freakshow fight" that drew the highest ratings of Bellator's history (at least possibly until the ratings for last night come out, which is still the exact reason they did it: because they want ratings, and that's what it got 'em.) That lone event was still co-main'd by a title fight.
Of the first three Bellator events this year, the first was a contender's fight, then a "freakshow fight", and next week's a title fight. And of the four after that, they're headlined by a title-eliminator, a contender's fight, a title fight, and another title eliminator.
But people act like their last five events- and their next six are all headlined by pro wrestlers.

I'd be embarrassed as fuck going from the ufc, off of a win streak, and joining the joke that bellator clearly is after a night like this. Money be damned, it's nice but it's not everything.
Naah. He will be a big draw in Bellator and make $$$

So your argument is that it is the fans' fault? Lol. First of all, to even make that argument, you'd need to delve into Bellator's numbers under Rebney and under Coker. Second, to make that argument is admitting that Bellator is less legit under Coker.

As far as Coker not signing Kimbo when he was with Elite XC, it's possible he was priced too high at that time for what Coker thought his drawing value was. He was the face of EliteXC after all. It's also possible it wasn't entirely Coker's call then or now.

It is the fans fault. They didn't watch when Bellator was legit , and now say it's not worth watching because they do freak-show fights. The fans want freak-shows, Bellator is giving them what they want. I have delved into their numbers. They're posted in this forum after every event.

Bellator is less legit under Coker. Bjorn wouldn't go along with their plans so he was fired, and Scott was brought in.

Coker ran the show in Bellator, it was his call then and Kimbo was in his prime, getting huge numbers for EliteXC. Scott said he wasn't interested in Kimbo. It's most definitely Viacom's decision to use Kimbo now, and Coker can't argue because Kimbo's numbers are way better than the legit fighters get.

Bingo, so stop judging Bendo and his contract, when you know nothing about it

mirror.png

Thats' a mirror, take a look in it.

It's not embarrassing for Bendo, it's embarrassing for the UFC. They're so cheap that they lose top fighters to the "minor-leagues"
So not the same thing. You're foolish for not seeing the difference between judging somebody you know nothing about and asking if people think a man (who we know much about including current employer, past employer, status of those employers, and his work history) may be rethinking his decisions. Ya dolt.

I'm not defending the Shit last night. All I was saying is they have legit dudes and some great fights coming up.

So not the same thing. You're foolish for not seeing the difference between judging somebody you know nothing about and asking if people think a man (who we know much about including current employer, past employer, status of those employers, and his work history) may be rethinking his decisions. Ya dolt.

Talk about revisionist history, here's your OP:

I'd be embarrassed as fuck going from the ufc, off of a win streak, and joining the joke that bellator clearly is after a night like this. Money be damned, it's nice but it's not everything.

Not exactly the same as asking "is he rethinking his decison", is it?

Are you going to go trash Overeem for signing with an org that just promoted a fight featuring a photographer, who isn't even a fighter? i doubt it.

So you're arguing that you know enough about Bendo to say he should be embarrassed for going to Bellator.. well fill us in, why did he choose Bellator, how much money is he making, what other perks did they offer him?

Back