is bellator using bigger gloves?

bjdiaz

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm watching the Gonzalez/zaromskis fight and buried the gloves look really bulky, did they go to a 6 oz glove? I always thought the strike force gloves also looked bigger than ufc gloves. I'd this a Scott Coker thing??

Oh and hell of a scrap so far :cool:

Last edited:
The gloves looked bigger to me also? Perhaps collective hallucination.

I think there still the everlast gloves so there structured different to support the metacarpel? i think

I think it's just the new design/logo makes them seem bigger.

I think there still the everlast gloves so there structured different to support the metacarpel? i think

Idk man when they were the original anti eye poke design they seemed the same. It must just be the colors cus I always thought the same about the red strike force gloves. I remember thinking the white ones fedor fought in looked smaller than the red ones so it has to be the color throwing me for a loop

The knuckles/top joint seem a lot less pronounced. Probably the anti poking thing; they're made to make your hands naturally bend into a clinch.

hasn't worked for straus so far

I was thinking the same thing. If those gloves are naturally curved you keep your fingers closed in a fist and you're still poking guys in the eye there's something wrong with you

I was thinking the same thing. If those gloves are naturally curved you keep your fingers closed in a fist and you're still poking guys in the eye there's something wrong with you

it also doesn't help the eyepokes that we see a lot where it's the thumb in the eye. Gloves aren't the answer to eyepokes. They have to discourage them with points taken, just like how people drill not to stick your arm out to break a fall during a takedown unless you want your arm broken.

it also doesn't help the eyepokes that we see a lot where it's the thumb in the eye. Gloves aren't the answer to eyepokes. They have to discourage them with points taken, just like how people drill not to stick your arm out to break a fall during a takedown unless you want your arm broken.

You're right about the thumb. Time for the Bruce Lee mitts!!

Maybe its just those fighters had their hands heavily wrapped.

Quick question sort of off topic

Does anyone else hate the red trim on Bellator gloves ? It looks so tacky for the fighters in the blue corner

Did Everlast sponsor Pitbull tonight? i never paid attention to his shorts. I didn't see their logo on the mat. I guess they're out.

First 3 minutes of that fight was crazy, just pure offense from both guys with no regard for their well-being.

Did Everlast sponsor Pitbull tonight? i never paid attention to his shorts. I didn't see their logo on the mat. I guess they're out.

Their logo wasn't on the gloves either. They have the Bellator logo now maybe they've parted ways?

Back