Is Being a Gangster...

Let's just say Hollywood's perception and real life are two very different things.
I remember one time I got on the bus and these two guys started flexing at one another "West side wilmas homie!" "East side wilmas esse!" "....dont trip homie.....dont even trip" while they were staring eachother down lol.

I was stuck between the two of them like

tenor.gif

I got off the bus and walked the rest of the way home LOL. I wasn't about to get caught in between some shit.

I remember one time I got on the bus and these two guys started flexing at one another "West side wilmas homie!" "East side wilmas esse!" "....dont trip homie.....dont even trip" while they were staring eachother down lol.

I was stuck between the two of them like

tenor.gif

I got off the bus and walked the rest of the way home LOL. I wasn't about to get caught in between some shit.

I hate the loudmouth low vocabulary types...attention seeking pretenders

I hate the loudmouth low vocabulary types...attention seeking pretenders
Meh, from a bystanders standpoint, I'd much rather have that warning than full blown violence lol. I doubt anything escalated once I got off, but I wasn't about to stick around and find out. I grew up in a town that is probably 95% Hispanic, Wilmington, and though the crime isn't as bad as say a prior day east LA, it has it's moments.

I remember back in like 2000, some idiots threw a house party next door and thought it was a good idea to hand out flyers. 2 hours in we hear like 20 shots ring out. Went out a short while later and see our older BMW that was parked out on the street shot up. Apparently people used it for cover.

Meh, from a bystanders standpoint, I'd much rather have that warning than full blown violence lol. I doubt anything escalated once I got off, but I wasn't about to stick around and find out. I grew up in a town that is probably 95% Hispanic, Wilmington, and though the crime isn't as bad as say a prior day east LA, it has it's moments.

I remember back in like 2000, some idiots threw a house party next door and thought it was a good idea to hand out flyers. 2 hours in we hear like 20 shots ring out. Went out a short while later and see our older BMW that was parked out on the street shot up. Apparently people used it for cover.

Th entire world has its ghettos...when I was traveling from Cali to Pennsylvania I seen all kinds of places I wanted no part of.

St. Louis looked like one of those places.

The guys who keep a low profile and don't care about "street cred" and don't try to attract attention do great. If you try to get too big, step on other ppl's toes, rob ppl, and start doing your own shit you're going to get yourself into trouble.

Isn't the whole point to make enough money to not have to do that shit. I think a lot of those old Italian mobsters ended up having successful legit businesses and left the dirty work to the younger generations.

I tried watching the wire but I couldn't. For me black/Hispanic gang/ghetto culture depresses the fuck out of me.

To me the ghetto crime culture is so damn dingy and miserable. Its social culture revolves around lots of trashy behavior, drugs, misery and what have you. If Italian mafia makes me want to be a criminal, shows like wire do an amazing job making me want to not do that at all!

Funny, because I myself am entertained by your typical street gangsters and whatnot, but I've always been bored (barring a couple exceptions maybe) by wise guys and the Italian mafia.

Back