Is Askren and Woodley the most unlikely friendship in MMA history

Nah, it didn’t take off cause he’s doing nothing new in a very dull way. The people that consume what he’s tryna put out could get a far better product from too many places. Can’t build a core fan base that’ll continually support until the followers follow.
It's not about just doing something new you have people come from acting into hip-hop/rap just fine. They rap more about stuff that pertains to their life and it's more believable. Woodley put on a gangster image instead of doing a wu-tang style and rapping about fighting and martial arts. Anyone looking up Woodley will see he went to college to wrestle and got into mma after wrestling in college. That doesn't fit the music image he's putting out. He was a completely different person in his music, that can work for some that portray an image just for their music but Woodley was already known before his music career so people know how his life was before rapping.

Yes he could've been a better rapper and made better music, but with Woodley no one is going to believe what he is rapping about. In order for it to work you have to completely stick to that image for your music like what Rick Ross did. He was a correctional officer but rapping about being a drug dealer. He just stuck to his image and went all in with it and made good music so people still listen to it even though they know he's fake. He borrowed his image from a real drug dealer, exact name and everything. But with Woodley he was still doing his mma fighting with UFC and doing TMZ with his non rapping image so there's conflicting images of him. If he wanted to have a fake image for rapping he needed to keep that same fake image for everything else he's doing in UFC and TMZ.

It's not about just doing something new you have people come from acting into hip-hop/rap just fine. They rap more about stuff that pertains to their life and it's more believable. Woodley put on a gangster image instead of doing a wu-tang style and rapping about fighting and martial arts. Anyone looking up Woodley will see he went to college to wrestle and got into mma after wrestling in college. That doesn't fit the music image he's putting out. He was a completely different person in his music, that can work for some that portray an image just for their music but Woodley was already known before his music career so people know how his life was before rapping.

Yes he could've been a better rapper and made better music, but with Woodley no one is going to believe what he is rapping about. In order for it to work you have to completely stick to that image for your music like what Rick Ross did. He was a correctional officer but rapping about being a drug dealer. He just stuck to his image and went all in with it and made good music so people still listen to it even though they know he's fake. He borrowed his image from a real drug dealer, exact name and everything. But with Woodley he was still doing his mma fighting with UFC and doing TMZ with his non rapping image so there's conflicting images of him. If he wanted to have a fake image for rapping he needed to keep that same fake image for everything else he's doing in UFC and TMZ.
To get a core at his age and with him already being a public figure you need something new. A core is not a casual fan. You're speaking about casual fan shit. Tyron is a public figure beginning a music career. People want to hate "stay in your lane" is easy way to. Childish Gambino wasn't cool to like for years. Charlmagne was calling him a white rapper for a while. Casual fans hated. He was kept alive by a core fan base who listened not for anything else rather than you couldn't get what he was doing many other places. He dropped good stuff consistently enough to get enough band-wagoners to be accepted mainstream musically.

Also you think every rapper still sells drugs, or are just talking about lived experiences? Pusha T isn't selling drugs today (or is he?!?! lol) Something tells me you don't know the age when most people first become affiliated. It's far younger than you expect. Watch the I don't like original music vid. Missouri breeds a similar circumstance especially for a fatherless household. And then surprise surprise black guy on athletic scholarship sounds like a lot of get out the hood stories. What's fake about Woodley?

To get a core at his age and with him already being a public figure you need something new. A core is not a casual fan. You're speaking about casual fan shit. Tyron is a public figure beginning a music career. People want to hate "stay in your lane" is an easy way to. Childish Gambino wasn't cool to like for years. Charlmagne was calling him a white rapper for a while. Casual fans hated. He was kept alive by a core fan base who listened not for anything else other than you couldn't get what he was doing many other places. He dropped good stuff consistently enough to get enough band-wagoners to be accepted mainstream musically.

Also you think every rapper still sells drugs, or are just talking about lived experiences? Pusha T (his content is all supply and demand lol) still me with presidential candidates. Daytona still happened. Something tells me you don't know the age when most people first become affiliated. It's far younger than you expect. Watch the I don't like original music vid (Chief Keef). Missouri breeds a similar circumstance especially for a fatherless household. And then surprise surprise black guy on athletic scholarship. sounds like a lot of get out the hood stories. What's fake about Woodley?

LMAO at those retards talking about race, there's nothing do with that, I don't know why you amurricans are too obsessed with bringing this race bullshit everytime you can.
No shit. It’s nauseating. They show a picture of Ben looking like a math teacher and can’t believe he could be friends with a black guy. WTF. Not everyone is racist.

I dont think Tyron was in any gang. He may have had people around him that were, but he isnt a hood dude like someone like Krazy Horse.
Plenty of normal people in the hood just trying to get by

I don't think Woodley was a gangster or anything, just a regular kid who grew up in the ghetto

One of the weirdest friendships/ alliances or whatever you want to call it is the one between AKA and khabibs crew from Dagestan. Javier mendez is a mexican American guy from California who was a kickboxer and started his own mma gym that for whatever reason became a hotspot for dagestani wrestlers to go and train at. Now Javier is close friends with khabib and travels to Dagestan to see him. Also I remember looking up aka on google one time and looking at the reviews and there were multiple muslim guys who had wrote about how great Allah and aka are lol.

Don't know about Woodley, he doesn't come off that way at all. Him and Askren have a lot in common, college wrestlers that lived a college life. Ever wonder why Woodley's music never took off? No one believes what he raps about, it doesn't match his life.
Na I think it didn't take off because his music was shit.
Like all the rappers these days are international drug dealers

Just because he said he was gangbanger doesn't mean he was. He also says he's a Christian but I've never once heard him in an interview share the good news of the gospel, which is what he is called to do as a Christian.

People lie all the time for clout
Smh. Are you serious??? This man is a professional ass whooper. Being in a gang as a youth would not get him any additional clout.

Lay the pipe down for a bit before you post....

If you grew up in an area like I grew up, it wasn't hard at all to fall into the gang life.

A black guy and a white guy are friends? Prince Harry and Meghan already making a difference with their example.

LMAO at those retards talking about race, there's nothing do with that, I don't know why you amurricans are so obsessed with bringing this race bullshit everytime you can.

Thing about those two simply just don't make sense personality wise, one is the ultimate troll and the other is the most sensitive guy on the UFC (Bellator*) roster.
Their college careers and professional careers that engulfed their lives were the same careers. That's more than enough in common to be good friends. Obsess over wrestling and become friends. What more needs to make sense?

I dont think Tyron was in any gang. He may have had people around him that were, but he isnt a hood dude like someone like Krazy Horse.
Plenty of normal people in the hood just trying to get by
Stop the presses! Not sure what's more a ridiculous you thinking you have to say it or a Japanese dude needing to a bunch of people in the US what's going on in the US. The dude spent his entire life in the wrestling room.

Woodley and super sage northcutt

Are Askren and Sage friends? Now that would be about as unlikely as anything. Total opposites: jacked pretty boy vs. dough boy, wrestler vs. striker, hyped-up fighter who doesn't trash talk vs. trash talker with a chip on his shoulder, etc.

why does askren even wear sandals he should just go barefoot everywhere

Askren, Masvidal, Felder, Sage Northcutt, coach Duke Roufus are some of the names that wouldn't have come to mind when I thought "friends with T-Wood", but there you go. His public shenanigans aside, might just be likable and good at gelling with people in person. Who knows.
He seems like a good guy. When Gastelum missed weight, Woodley gave him back the money he had to forfeit. He implied that the money meant more to Gastelum because he was still an up and comer and wasn't making much. That's a truly class move, how many people are gonna give back thousands of dollars that's rightfully theirs by contract?

Tyron been banging? Didn't know that. I really don't get that vibe from him
I don't either. This is just my hot take, but Tyron wrestling at Missouri was probably quite an experience for him. Probably the first time in his life that he was truly living in a place where whites were the vast majority. My guess is that he leaned into his blackness to offer an identity that people around him thought was tough, cool, and exotic. I'm not trying to diss the dude, he was a teenager trying to fit in at a new place. But I would guess he was exposed to gang banging, but probably didn't actually participate in it. He probably inferred that he did to his new friends, cuz, you know, being a teenager. Then it just sort of became a part of his backstory.

Before anyone get's annoyed, I know I don't know shit about it, lol. That's just how it comes across to me.

Back