Is Askren and Woodley the most unlikely friendship in MMA history

4879805864_d8a34933dc_b.jpg

Askren, Masvidal, Felder, Sage Northcutt, coach Duke Roufus are some of the names that wouldn't have come to mind when I thought "friends with T-Wood", but there you go. His public shenanigans aside, might just be likable and good at gelling with people in person. Who knows.

This shit again?

Threads like this make it really easy to spot the shut ins and basement dwellers who've never played team sports, served in the military or been in any kind of situation where they have to interact with people from different backgrounds on more than a superficial level.

I dunno homie it might be weird if they weren't wrestlers together in school. That type of thing transcends backgrounds and when you are winning and losing together that can form strong bonds

Tyron grew up in the hood, used to gangbang and just had a really rough upbringing in general

Askren... I mean cmon he couldve been your high school history teacher if he wasnt such a stud wrestler

D315fj0WkAEMLzF.jpg

but these 2 are like best buds and Woodley will be in his corner against Jake Paul too. If they starred in a buddy cop movie it might be too unrealistic lol

005_Ben_Askren_and_Tyron_Woodley.jpg
0_5a6f6_2a4b707b_l.jpg

Kind of like Nick Diaz and Jake shields.

I don't know, but I'd be interested in hearing how a typical conversation between conor and gunar goes

Tyron grew up in the hood, used to gangbang and just had a really rough upbringing in general

Askren... I mean cmon he couldve been your high school history teacher if he wasnt such a stud wrestler

D315fj0WkAEMLzF.jpg

but these 2 are like best buds and Woodley will be in his corner against Jake Paul too. If they starred in a buddy cop movie it might be too unrealistic lol

005_Ben_Askren_and_Tyron_Woodley.jpg
Rockhold Bisping bar none

Don't know about Woodley, he doesn't come off that way at all. Him and Askren have a lot in common, college wrestlers that lived a college life. Ever wonder why Woodley's music never took off? No one believes what he raps about, it doesn't match his life.

I'm not very surprised. They were in the same college, in the same wrestling club and are friends for more than 20 years now.

Plus unlike what a lot of peoples believe, Tyron is a very chill dude. He even refused to take Gastelum's purse when that last put his undisciplined ass on the balance and missed the weight.

Nah, Tyron isnt a gangster hes a nice guy. And Askren seems like a normal guy.

I get that ones black and ones white, but they have a lot in common

Two guys the same age with the same interests are friends? Could you imagine?
Isn't it crazy how 2 guys who spend hours training togethor also become friends? How could it happen? What if they voted for a different presidential candidate?!?!

Back