Is anyone using the Power Balance Bands???

PistolPeteMMA

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So, I was at the UFC Fan Expo in Boston yesterday and one of the vendors was Power Balance (Power Balance - Performance Technology) and they were showcasing these power bands. So, the guy starts with my wife and has her stand with her feet together and had her hold her arms out to the sides in a "T" shape. He proceeded to take one of her arms and push it down to her side. Next he had her put on this power band and repeat the same process and he couldn't get her arm down.

Next, he had me try it. He had me put my feet together and and curl my arms to the side. He grabbed me by the inside of my elbow and put his weight on my arm causing me to tilt. Next he put this power band on my foot and repeated the same process and he couldn't move me. It felt as if he was def. putting the same amount of pressure on me.

I thought it was kind of a gimmic and was thinking maybe he applied pressure in a different direction knowing that we would be stronger or have more balance but I really can't explain how I was so much stronger and balanced with this band on my foot.

I'm curious if anyone has used one of these and if it's made a difference in anything or if it's one of those magnet B.S. products. I didn't buy the product but prob. should have. It's not a lot of money and I'm thinking of ordering one online to test it out but thought I would ask the experts here first and see if anyone has any experience with these things. Tito Ortiz was wearing one at the show but that doesn't really mean much as they could have paid him to wear it. I did the demo after meeting Tito otherwise I would have asked him.

Thanks,
Pete

positive balance bands? Sorry, I think those were taken off the market

I hit it off with a chick that was demonstrating one on me, she ended up telling me how she thinks it's all in your head.

sounds like power bs to me... and at $30 a pop, no thanks.

if these did magically work, then* I doubt they would be comp. legal so there would be no reason to train with them.

Last edited:
If you buy one of these, please get a hold of me ASAP because I'll sell you a bracelet that will make you a monster in bed...for only $50!

I've read that exact same demo. they did to you on many other trade shows.

I think that the second time your body will adapt to it and will result in the less chance of you tumbling down.

...That being said, imagine if there was a big crowd and some jokester, on the second time w/the bracelet on, just fell hard? :icon_lol::icon_lol:

If that shit worked they'd be selling them as penis rings to erectile dysfunction patients.

Reminds me of the carne games, like that dang Ball-in-a-Bucket.

It's a complete waste of money, and the biggest scam I've heard. Sadly, I see many of my friends with that crap, but I laugh at them so hard....... :)

What? You got to be kidding me, I thought this was legit. It is just a piece of plastic!

Wat? It's fake. Just watch the video again if you are still having trouble

A lot of ufc fighters wear them too. I'm not sure if they are sponsored or not. I thought most people see it as a gimmick but I saw two people wear them at my bjj school.

they have been making their rounds to a lot of mma schools lately. they actually just came to our school a few weeks ago. our MT coach let him give his little schpiel(sp) and then pretty much laughed it off when one of the students called the guy out on body awareness and the different directions he was pulling with and without the band... my bjj coach wouldnt give him the time of day :)

its a scam...they already did tests on soccer players, sprinting and slalom runs....0.1 secs difference in time...it's just a fad, you can go buy one of these fake ones and still have the same effect

Back