Is anyone more excited for Conor/Nate than Conor/RDA?

RDA and excitement are mutually exclusive. For all his ability, the man is (hype-wise) the equivalent of wallpaper.
Therefore do you think that the "Nate vs Conor" PPV will sell more then what a "RDA vs Conor" PPV would have done?

It's a fun fight vs Diaz...

...But to say I'm more excited for this fight than for the FW champ going up in weight to fight the LW champ, who's been looking like a beast in his last fights, would be a big lie.

Meh, it is what it is at this point. They should have just given either Cowboy who was in fight shape the go, or Khabib who also offered himself. They literally lied about Frankie, omitting the fact that he was injured making it seem like he didnt wanna fight short notice, so UFC does look like its up to some fishy shit.

But what can we do but just wait and watch at this point. Everything will be answered in a matter of days at this point, so lets just wait and see what happens.

Conor has a whole lot more to lose here then Nate so all the pressure is on him. Sherdog will literally implode if Conor loses, and that more then anything else makes this fight very intriguing.

I'm more nervous for this fight than the RDA one. Not because I think that Nate has a better chance of winning, but because I feel Conor has more to lose in this fight. I felt the exact same with the Mendes fight as opposed to the Aldo fight. I want Conors story and hype to continue, so if he lost to Aldo it wouldnt have been as bad as losing to Mendes. Same as how losing to Nate is worse for your legacy than losing to the monster that is the current LW champ.

How can u even compare the two...The two will be talking to one another but Nate will be doing it making believe he isnt hurt as he'll belooking for a nice place to fall after he receives the first solid shot from Conor.He'll then talk about taking the fight 10 days out.
Dont take the fight if this is what you're going to say.The whole world already knows you're taking the fight on short notice.

I am . RDA is a more skilled fighter but this is a funner stylistic match.

sadly this fight was made on really short notice
thats what sucks big big time
i wanted this fight with both fighters fully prepared
now its like another freakshow ala mcg/mendes
its always suposed to be the best fighters against eachother and its not
again
This x100. Diaz-Conor is a good fight. But the circumstances are sh**. I feel unsatisfied with this match up. But going in with zero expectations might get me surprised in a positive way.

I'm not, but I'm happy for Nate.
He was only paid peanuts for a long time, so it feels nice that he get a huge fight like this.
Hope he give Conor a hard fight.

I think for McGregor, Diaz might be a harder fight, so I'm excited

'Bout to get crazy up in he-uh, mang!

1qr9dg.jpg

Much funner fight. Nate will stand and throw with Conor - but alas, less interesting because truly nothing is at stake. Win-win for both guys. Nate gets KOed end of first or early second, but at least he gets a check. Conor gets a 170lbs victory feather in his cap and that's about it.

EDIT: I will say (coming from boxing background), that Nate's boxing his last fight was crisp and he looked good. This is what is going to allow him to last a little before being put away. I actually believe he will last longer than RDA, who has very low level boxing skills (IMO), and who I could easily see falling into the trap that Aldo fell into with getting roped into a stand up fight and not relying on his very good BJJ (which I have started recently and have gather a tremendous respect for immediately - amazing art form)

whats the lowdown? What's the crack? Not been on here for couple days. Was looking forward to McGregor/RDA but the Nate Diaz fight doesn't interest me as much.

Nates nowhere near McGregors level in terms of boxing ability. Sigh.[/QUOTE

Anyone with anymma knowledge should be far more excited for this fight the only interesting about the rda fight was the double belt situation

Back