Is Anyone Else Tired Of Post-Apocalyptic Themed Movies?

It's my favorite genre of film and I enjoy it in print as well. As with any genre or theme there will be shitters but they are usually pretty easy to predict and avoid. I particularly enjoy the genre because so many of the movies are rife with social commentary and satire. I would love to see a movie made of Kurt Vonnegut's book "The Cat's Cradle."

There really isn't that many compared to other themes or styles. it's not that there is an over-saturation of them, it's just you don't like that particularly setting.

I think it's done for PC reasons - you can't make any group of people the baddies in movies anymore. So you make future Americans bad guys and thus don't insult any demographic or nationality.

Melancholia-Poster.jpg

Saw this the other night.

I love post-apocalyptic movies. I even loved Terminator Salvation. I couldn't believe all the hate it got.

Didn't hate it, just expected the move to be more like the future scenes from T1 and T2 so I was a little disappointed.

No, I love them. Favorite genre honestly. I would like to see something original tho.

I will never be tired of post-apocalyptic movies.

Same here.

What does bother me, however, is that they can never make an accurate portrayal of how shit would really go down. The big thing being how woman are depicted. In film, they're badass, hardcore, and independent. If society crumbled, woman would get slapped back into the dark ages. They'd be taken down ten notches and that's the truth. But no film today could show that happening.

Nope, I'm waiting for a movie about, "a super city rebuilt on ruins of whatever major city from the aftermath of a mega apocalyptic scenario. All the survivors have each created kingdoms and are at war with each other. Technological weapons and such are rare and only the rulers and their most elite have them. So it's back to melee weapons. Oh and animals are mutated with higher intelligence and stand upright. They want their planet back.. bitches. We learn to fight together or its the end of the human race..." kind of movie to be made.

I'm waiting for someone to adapt Philip K. Dick properly and not have it suck. (Blade Runner is an exception. That film is amazing)

The Adjustment Bureau was an ok film but it was lacking in many areas

Same here.

What does bother me, however, is that they can never make an accurate portrayal of how shit would really go down. The big thing being how woman are depicted. In film, they're badass, hardcore, and independent. If society crumbled, woman would get slapped back into the dark ages. They'd be taken down ten notches and that's the truth. But no film today could show that happening.

Haha. Did you direct this post at me in particular to rile me up?

I would not be knocked down ten notches. Everyone would react badly, no one would be able to be entirely independent or self-sufficient, but there would be both male and female leaders and male and female pusses.

Haha. Did you direct this post at me in particular to rile me up?

I would not be knocked down ten notches. Everyone would react badly, no one would be able to be entirely independent or self-sufficient, but there would be both male and female leaders and male and female pusses.
No, it wasn't directed at you.
Mostly because I didn't know you were a female.

But regardless, all you need to do is look at history. The farther back you go, the less equality you'll see for women. When society goes, law goes and the world looks like that film The Road, I guarantee you women will not lead anything. You would be knocked down for having boobs, the end.

No, it wasn't directed at you.
Mostly because I didn't know you were a female.

But regardless, all you need to do is look at history. The farther back you go, the less equality you'll see for women. When society goes, law goes and the work looks like that film The Road, I guarantee you women will not lead anything. You would be knocked down for having boobs, the end.
She thinks shes tank girl over here lolol

Lucky for all of humanity men and women have been rendered pretty much equally helpless in a post-apocalyptic world by modern society.

Most people can't even from point A to point B without GPS.

Anyway, I'm still pretty sure I would be fine thanks.

What's that?

I'm sure there's a middle ground between tankgirl and subservient wet nurse for humanity's survivors.
Eh I was joking but yeah probably a middle ground.

I mean fuck nowadays we'd be worse off if something happened on a wide scale that caused the massive destruction of world wide infrastructure, especially in the major cities

Lucky for all of humanity men and women have been rendered pretty much equally helpless in a post-apocalyptic world by modern society.

Most people can't even from point A to point B without GPS.

Anyway, I'm still pretty sure I would be fine thanks.

You won't be fine because gangs will start to form for survival, and while men will be pretty screwed as well, no female gangs are going to hold their ground against a male one. You watch too much tv if you think you'd be safe in that situation.

I'm not being anti-feminist here, this is the way it is.
Men are stronger then women.
You will get overpowered quickly as wild men start having needs.

If a gang of men approached me on the road, I'd ask to join and I'd probably have to have a skill or beat someone up to live. If they found you, on the other hand, you'd live, but likely as a sex slave, if you weren't raped on the spot.

In general I'm tired of most types of american movies. Gangster movies, drug kingpin, super smart serial killer, crime dramas, post apocalypse, yadda yadda.

I'm not talking about all-female gangs, silly man. Why would I exclude men from my world dominating gang?

Oh, also, go to hell - you have no idea what skills I have but assumed me to be useless entirely based on my gender. That assumption says plenty about you but nothing about what use I actually would be to a post-apocalyptic gang.

Back